Promotions at The Wall Street Journal & Southern California News Group, Additions at NBC News, Denver Business Journal & WCAU-TV, and More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. If you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
- Frazier Moore has retired from The Associated Press after 25 years. He will be pursuing a book project about television. Moore was a long-time television columnist covering media personalities and celebrities.
- The Wall Street Journal welcomes Lydia Serota as the new mobile platform editor. She has held different editorial positions, serving as stocks editor, as well as deputy editor, assistant news editor and news editor at the London bureau. h/t Talking Biz News
- Darren Everson is now the desktop platform editor for The Wall Street Journal. He had been an editor for the international editions of the newspaper most recently. h/t Talking Biz News
- NBC News has promoted Elyse Perlmutter-Gumbiner to White House producer. She originally joined NBC as an associate producer in 2014 before becoming a field producer in 2015. In addition, Freddie Tunnard joins the network in Washington D.C. to be the newest White House producer. Tunnard comes from MSNBC where she was a producer.
- Denver Business Journal has hired Kelcey McClung as its new real estate reporter. She recently graduated from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with Bachelor of Political Science, Government, Journalism, and History. h/t Talking Biz News
- Miguel Martinez-Valle will be joining WCAU-TV in Philadelphia on Dec. 12. He is currently finishing his tenure at KVVU-TV in Las Vegas, where he has served as a reporter since 2015.
- Francesca Giuliani is moving from the Reliable Sources producing team to Erin Burnett OutFront on CNN. Giuliani joined the network earlier this year as a production assistant.
- Jim Davis has retired after 39 years with the Daily Herald. He served as deputy managing editor and news director of the DuPage and Fox Valley editions. Davis joined the Illinois newspaper in 1978.
- Food Network welcomes chef Mario Batali back for six new episodes of Molto Mario. He will serve as host and executive producer. Batali began his career with Food Network in 1997.
- Scott Kaufman is being promoted to opinion editor for Southern California News Group publications, which include the Long Beach (CA) Press-Telegram, Los Angeles Daily News and Orange County Register. He previously served as the public editor for the Orange County Regiser.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.