CisionScoop at D CEO, Changes at The Outline & Cosmo Online, Additions at WFLD-TV & The Daily Beast
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
CisionScoop: Former technology reporter at Dallas Business Journal, Shawn Shinneman, is now the senior editor covering healthcare at D CEO. Shinneman has also previously reporter for the Northwest Herald.
Steve Capus, executive producer of the CBS Evening News, is leaving the broadcast. Before coming to CBS, Capus was a senior producer at NBC News and MSNBC, as well as the President of NBC News. Taking over for Capus as executive producer is Mosheh Oinounou. He has been with CBS since 2011, where he started as a senior producer for CBS This Morning. Prior to that, he was an international editor for Bloomberg TV, and a producer for Fox News Channel.
Cosmopolitan Online has said goodbye to editor Amy Odell, who is stepping down to focus on writing her next book, among other projects. She has been with the magazine since 2013. Former MarieClaire digital director, Jessica Pels has been tapped as the new digital director for Cosmo. In the past, Pels has held positions with Teen Vogue and Glamour.
The following staff changes are underway at The Outline:
- James Green joins the online magazine as audio editor. Green comes to The Outline from a++, where he was also an editor.
- Wirecutter senior editor, Casey Johnston, will be moving to the magazine later this year as the future editor, covering personal care items, gadgets, tech and medical devices. Prior to Wirecutter, Johnston was the culture editor for Ars Technica.
- Paris Martineau is also joining The Outline as a staff writer, covering technology and the Internet. Martineau previously covered technology as a freelance writer for New York Magazine.
- Former Hillcrest Media Group content strategist, Brandy Jensen, has come on as the new social media editor for The Outline.
- Among all the new staffers joining The Outline, senior editor Adrianne Jeffries has left the magazine to begin a career as a freelance writer. In the past, Jeffries has worked as the managing editor for Motherboard, as well as a reporter for The Verge and The New York Observer.
Jack Connors, the publisher of Buffalo Business First and the Buffalo Law Journal is retiring Jan. 31 after 33 years with the outlets Connors began his career in media in 1972, when he started at the Buffalo Courier-Express as the assistant city editor. Taking over for both publications is John Tebeau, who has more than 20 years of experience in advertising, publishing and content marketing. h/t Talking Biz News
Houston CBS affiliate KHOU-TV reporter, Josh Chapin announced that he has left the station for an unknown position in North Carolina. Before joining KHOU-TV in 2015, Chapin was a reporter in Connecticut for WVIT-TV, as well as in New York for News 12.
Anchor and reporter Sanika Dange has left West Palm Beach station WPBF-TV in order to anchor at her hometown station, WESH-TV, the NBC affiliate for the Orlando-Daytona Beach. Dange has previously held positions with WJHG-TV and WUFT-TV as an anchor.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.