CisionScoop at Martha Stewart Living, Updates at WaPo, Addition at CNN & KVOA-TV, and Departures at Automotive News
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
- CisionScoop: Lauryn Tyrell has been promoted to senior food editor at Martha Stewart Living and Martha Stewart Weddings. Tyrell had been an associate food editor for Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia since 2015.
- CisionScoop: Gear Patrol welcomes Meg Lappe as a staff writer covering fitness and outdoor recreation. She had most recently been an associate editor for SELF, and had held several editorial positions with the magazine since 2014.
- The Washington Post will be undergoing several changes:
- Paul Sonne will join the outlet on Jan. 29 as Pentagon correspondent. He has been a foreign affairs correspondent for The Wall Street Journal in Washington, D.C. Prior to that, he was a Moscow correspondent and London correspondent.
- Shane Harris is set to join WaPo on Jan. 8 and will cover the intelligence community. He has been a senior writer for The Wall Street Journal in Washington, D.C. covering intelligence and national security since 2016.
- Warren Brown has ended his long-running cars column. He had been covering the automotive world for the outlet since 1982.
- Joan Walsh is joining CNN as a correspondent after news broke that her contract with MSNBC had not been renewed. Walsh had been a contributor at MSNBC since 2005, and was editor in chief for Salon.
- Automotive News has parted ways with David Undercoffler. He had been the West Coast bureau reporter since 2015. Before joining the Crain Communications outlet, he was a long-time automotive reporter for the Los Angeles Times.
- Stephanie Weaver has joined NBC affiliate KVOA-TV in Tucson where she will be the weekend weather anchor and will serve as a general assignment reporter during the week. Weaver comes from KGUN-TV where she was a television host and digital reporter.
- TheStreet has promoted Brian Sozzi to executive editor. He was a senior correspondent covering consumer news, and authored the “Daily Dose” and “Weekend Watcher” columns.
- Ben Walsh is the newest finance reporter at Barron’s. He will cover banking and financial technology. Walsh has been a business reporter for The HuffPost and an online editor for Reuters. h/t Talking Biz News
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.