CisionScoops at ELLE & The Hechinger Report, Updates at Eater, Promotion at TheDeal, and Departure at FOX News
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
- CisionScoop: Kristina Rodulfo has been named the senior beauty editor for ELLE online. Rudolfo comes from PopSugar, where she served as beauty editor. Prior to that, she was the associated editor for ELLE online.
- CisionScoop: The Hechinger Report has announced Delece Smith-Barrow as its new senior editor overseeing education coverage. Coming from U.S. News & World Report, she has been an editor for The Washington Post and a Knight-Wallace Fellow at the University of Michigan.
- Seasoned political analyst Joe Trippi has departed from FOX News Channel. Trippi joined the cable news channel in 2009 and provided on-air analysis as a political consultant.
- Eater has made several changes to its editorial staff:
- Longtime managing editor, Sonia Chopra, is now the director of editorial strategy. She has been with Eater since 2012 and served as cities editor before being promoted to managing editor.
- Matt Buchanan has been named executive editor. He previously held the features editor position. Buchanan has held positions at The New Yorker, BuzzFeed, Gizmodo and Gawker Media.
- Amelia McGuinness has been promoted to engagement editor. She had been serving as senior social media editor since March 2017.
- Meghan McCarron becomes the the first special correspondent for Eater. She was previously the Eater LA editor.
- Additionally, Lesley B. Suter is joining the outlet to serve as its first-ever travel editor. Prior to joining Eater, she was the dine editor for Los Angeles Magazine and editor in chief for L.A. Alternative Newspaper.
- Stephen Pelletteri joins the site as supervising producer. Pelletteri is a former producer with ABC Television.
- Michael Brown has been promoted to co-editor at TheDeal. He is also the assignment editor for TheStreet and oversees the mergers & acquisitions tipsheet. h/t Talking Biz News
- Former football player, Marshall Faulk—along with Heath Evans and Ike Taylor—has been suspended indefinitely from the NFL Network following allegations of sexual harassment and assault. Faulk joined the network in 2006 as a sports analyst for NFL Total Access and NFL GameDay Morning.
- Steve Butts has been let go from IGN.com due to workplace misconduct. Butts had served as editor in chief since 2013 and had been with the outlet since 2012. Peer Schneider, Executive Vice President/ Co-Founder, will serve as the interim editor in chief.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.