CisionScoops at Apartment Therapy & Chief Executive Group, Layoffs at Sacramento Bee
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
CisionScoop: Sarah Yang joined the home design blog Apartment Therapy as managing editor. She previously worked for Real Simple as the lifestyle editor, and has served as web editor for House Beautiful, Elle Decor, and Veranda.
CisionScoop: Gabriel Perna is the new digital editor at Chief Executive Group, where he’ll oversee day-to-day management and production of both ChiefExecutive.net and BoardMember.com. Previously, he was managing editor at Physicians Practice and senior editor at Healthcare Informatics. In this new role, he will cover business and strategy issues affecting CEOs and board directors, while constructing short-term and long-term strategies to enhance both brands’ burgeoning digital audiences.
The New York Times has added street style to its styles coverage. Jonah Bromwich was named street style reporter. He previously served as a breaking news reporter for the NYT where he has worked since 2016. Natalie Shutler, who was previously the opinion staff editor, has been named news editor of the Styles section. She has worked at the NTY since 2011.
New York based Nick Turner will be relocating to Los Angeles in June to cover the entertainment industry for Bloomberg News. He has been with Bloomberg since 2006 where he started as deputy technology team leader, and most recently served as media team leader. h/t Talking Biz News
Yahoo News welcoms Alexander Nazarayan as national correspondent, effective May 7. He joins the staff after from Newsweek where he’s served as a senior writer since 2013. Prior to that, he worked at the New York Daily News as deputy op-ed editor.
David Hatch joined TheDeal as senior editor based in Washington. He covers regulation, M&A, antitrust and competition intelligence. He recently departed Acuris Global where he served as a senior technology reporter since 2014. He also previously worked at Citiscope as a correspondent, and at the National Journal as technology correspondent. h/t Talking Buz News
The Sacremento Bee has had some shifts in the newsroom amidst some layoffs:
- Brad Brenan, a reporter covering California marijuana is no longer with the paper. He had worked for The Bee since 2010 and began his career with the paper as a senior reporter covering county and local governments.
- Sports columnist and blogger for the Kings Blog Ailene Voisin also departed due to layoffs. She joined The Bee in 1997. Prior to that, she worked at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Los Angeles Herald-Examiner and the San Diego Union-Tribune.
- Ed Fletcher departed the paper after working at the Sacremento Bee since 2000. He covered a variety of topics including local news topics, arts and entertainment.
- Business reporter Mark Glover covered the auto industry for the Bee since 1984 and was also affected by the layoffs. He also served as the ‘Drive’ section editor from 1984-2008.
- Hudson Sangree served as a business reporter covering real estate.
The Columbus CBS affiliate WBSN-TV will be saying goodbye to Kelly Frank who has served as director of news and digital content since 2015. She is leaving at the end of May to join CBS’s Tampa Affiliate, WTSP-TV June 4.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.