CisionScoop at Iowa Public Radio, New Deputy Digital Editor at InStyle
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/Media_Moves
CisionScoop: Katie Peikes has joined Iowa Public Radio as its first-ever reporter covering Western Iowa; she is based in Sioux City. Peikes was most recently with WDDE-FM/Delaware Public Media, covering science. Prior to that, she spent two years at Utah Public Radio as a correspondent.
InStyle has hired Laura Norkin as deputy digital editor covering fashion, beauty, culture, home, and lifestyle topics. She comes from Refinery29 where she spent the last four years in a variety of positions, including content editor, copy chief and senior editor.
The New York Times has added two editors and a columnist across the organization:
- Lauretta Charlton has joined Race/Related, a team that works across departments covering race issues, as its editor. She previously spent three years at The New Yorker in a variety of positions.
- Michelle Alexander will join the NYT Opinions pages as columnist in September. She is a civil rights lawyer, who has written for NYT, The Washington Post and The Nation, among other publications.
- Eliezer Budasoff has been named editorial director for The New York Times en Español. He has been with NYT since 2016, most recently as interim editor for NYT en Español.
Jessica Seaman has left Triad Business Journal to join the Denver Post as reporter covering local health news. She previously wrote about innovation and technology as a reporter for TBJ, and prior to that spent five years at Arkansas Democrat-Gazette as business reporter.
The Wall Street Journal has promoted two editors and hired two new reporters:
- Aaron Luccheti has been upped to senior editor, finance and markets. He has been with WSJ since 2008, most recently spending three years as the editor of financial technology.
- James Fanelli is the new bureau chief for WSJ's Greater New York section. He was previously with the New York Daily News and DNAinfo.
- Kimberly Chin is WSJ's newest breaking news reporter. She was previously reporting for Business Insider, and is a recent graduate of CUNY Graduate School of Journalism.
- Michael Howard Saul has been named Page One news editor, upped from news editor. He has been with WSJ since 2010, and previously reported for the Daily News.
Shawn Donnan is set to join Bloomberg News in August as senior reporter covering world trade and globalization. He will be based in the Washington, D.C., bureau. He comes from the Financial Times, where he spent the last 16 years in a variety of positions, most recently as world trade editor. h/t Talking Biz News
The Detroit News has hired Breana Noble as reporter covering general business news. She is a recent graduate of Hillsdale College in Michigan, where she served as editor in chief of The Hillsdale Collegian for four years.
Sam Fellman has been named senior editor for Business Insider covering the military and defense news. He was previously the managing editor for Task & Purpose, and prior to that spent three years as managing editor of Navy Times, overseeing daily web coverage of the U.S. Navy. h/t Talking Biz News
KSDK-TV, the NBC affiliate in St. Louis, Missouri, has brought on Rico Bush as reporter. He has left WAVY-TV in Norfolk after three years as morning reporter. Bush has also reported for the E.W. Scripps Company.
Noelle Kachinsky has joined WAVY-TV, the NBC-affiliate in Portsmouth, Virginia, as executive producer. She was previously the assistant news direct at WGXA-TV in Macon, Georgia, and prior to that worked as executive producer at WCYB-TV, WEMT-TV, and CW4 in Bristol, Virginia.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.