CisionScoop at Town & Country, New Executive Editor at ReCode
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
CisionScoop: Town & Country has welcomed Olivia Martin as style and interiors writer. She previously served as the managing editor for the Architect's Newspaper for three years. Prior to that, she was a content manager for Aloha.com, and managing editor at Dwell Media.
Sukjong Hong has replaced Olivia Martin as managing editor of the Architect's Newspaper. Hong's promotion comes less than a year after she joined the outlet as web editor in September 2017. Prior to that, she was a reporter/researcher for The New Republic.
ReCode has shuffled the top of its masthead: Kara Swisher, co-founder and executive editor of the site, is now editor at large. She will develop ReCode's first TV ventures, and will continue hosting the outset's most popular podcast Re/Code Decode. Longtime tech and media journalist, Peter Kafka, has replaced Swisher as executive editor; he will also continue hosting the Recode Media with Peter Kafka podcast. Kafka joined the staff in 2014 as senior media editor. h/t Talking Biz News
The Appeal, the newly launched nonprofit criminal justice publication providing critical news and commentary on local criminal justice systems, has hired the following staffers:
- Ethan Brown as lead editor, covering local criminal justice laws and systems. He is the author of four investigative journalism driven books about crime and drug policy.
- Josie Duffy Rice, as senior staff reporter covering prosecutorial misconduct based in Brooklyn, New York. She was previously a staff writer at the Daily Kos.
- Cassi Feldman as senior editor. She comes from Chalkbeat New York where she served as bureau chief for two years.
- Melissa Gira Grant as senior staff reporter based in New York. She has covered criminal justice, LGBT and women's rights, sex workers' rights, HIV/AIDS, and human trafficking for BuzzFeed, Vice, The Village Voice, and others.
- Sarah Leonard as executive editor covering local criminal justice law. She is also a contributor for The Nation and editor at large at Dissent.
- Max Rivlin Nadler as reporter covering local and state criminal justice systems. He was previously an editor at Full Stop.
ABC's Good Morning America will expand its programming to three hours starting in September, and filling the one-hour spot that will be left vacant after the recent cancellation of The Chew. The celebrity chef-hosted daytime talk show will end its run after seven seasons, and will produce its final episodes June through September. The Chew was cancelled after star chef Mario Batali was let go in December amid widespread reports of alleged sexual misconduct that spanned two decades.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.