CisionScoop + Top Masthead Changes at Vogue, New Editor at Bloomberg Opinion
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/Media_Moves
CisionScoop: Leigh Belz Ray has joined Vogue as executive director of branded content. She previously spent two years as the features and news director at InStyle, and before that worked as the executive editor at Lucky magazine. She has also worked for People, Teen Vogue and ELLE.
Three of Vogue's most influential editors are stepping down from their longtime potions at the magazine, and one is moving up:
- Tonne Goodman, the fashion director since 1999, will leave her staff position and will remain as a contributing editor. There is no date announced of her exit yet.
- Phyllis Posnick will also leave her staff position and will remain as a contributing editor. She has been the executive fashion editor for Vogue since 1987.
- Lisa Love, the 28-year veteran of the magazine, and its Los Angeles director, will shift to working with CNX, Condé Nast’s in-house creative agency.
- Virginia Smith, current fashion market director, will replace Tonne Goodman as fashion director. Smith has been the fashion market director since 2002.
Rachel Rosenthal has been named editor of Bloomberg Opinion in Singapore. She will cover opinion stories on news and current events. Rosenthal was previously a reporter and editor at The Wall Street Journal and Dow Jones Newswires for nine years, based in Singapore, Hong Kong and New York. Prior to that, she worked for Smart Money. h/t Talking Biz News
Nicole Raz has been promoted to business editor at the Las Vegas Review-Journal, replacing longtime business editor Dan Behringer, who retired in April. Raz was most recently an assistant business editor for the outlet, a position she has held since April 2017. She joined LVBJ in 2016 as a reporter.
WKBW-TV, the ABC-affiliated television station in Buffalo, New York, has hired Madison Carter as a reporter with a focus on enterprise reporting. She comes from WVIR-TV in Charlottesville, Virginia where she spent the last two years as a reporter. Carter is a graduate of Syracuse University's S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications.
The NBC-affiliated television station in Rockford, Illinois, WREX-TV, has hired two new anchors:
- James Stratton has joined the evening news desk for the 5, 6 and 10 p.m. newscasts. His debut is August 6. He previously spent six years at KWQC-TV in the Quad Cities, most recently as an anchor for the weekend newscasts.
- Lindsey Fafoglia has joined the morning show alongside current anchor Nicole Stein. She will broadcast weekday mornings from 5-7 a.m. She was previously a reporter for KOMU-TV in Columbia, Missouri.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.