Media Moves at CBS This Morning & Vogue, New Staff at Business Insider
Business Insider has made a number of staff moves, including promotions and new hires:
- Zachary Tracer has joined the staff as healthcare editor. He previously spent seven years at Bloomberg News, most recently as healthcare reporter. He joined the staff in 2011 as rotational reporter.
- Lionel Moise is the new co-host of Business Insider Today. He comes from CBS's WBBM-TV in Chicago, where he served as an anchor for three years. Before that, he worked at WLTX-TV in Columbia, South Carolina.
- Avery Hartmans has been promoted to an associate tech editor, upped from a tech reporter. She has been with Business Insider since 2016, and has previously worked at Pittsburgh Business Times and interned at USA Today.
- Cadie Thompson has been promoted to deputy executive editor for transportation with a heavy focus on transportation, technology and retail.She was previously the deputy business editor and has been with the outlet since 2015.
- Becky Peterson, based in San Francisco, has reshuffled her beats and now covers technology, including mergers and acquisitions and initial public offerings.She was previously an enterprise tech reporter, and has been with the outlet since 2017.
- Katie Canales is a the new visual features reporter at Business Insider. She joined the staff full time in September, after spending the previous six months as a tech editorial intern.
CBS This Morning has brought back Megan Walsh as senior producer. She has moved from CBS Evening News, where she previously spent two years as broadcast producer. Before that, Walsh worked for CBS This Morning for five years as associate producer.
Longtime Vogue entertainment director, Jillian Demling, has left the magazine after 20 years to become a casting and consulting freelancer in fashion and entertainment. Demling has been with Vogue sine 1998, and booked celebrity covers, Met Gala hosts and performers, and inside portfolios and features with athletes, musicians and activists.
Zack Coleman has joined Politico as energy and environmental reporter. He comes from E&E News, where he worked as White House reporter for ClimateWire. Before that, Coleman was the energy and environment editor for the Christian Science Monitor.
Fox-owned WTTG-TV in Washington, D.C., has promoted Cori Coffin to weekend morning anchor, upped from reporter. She has been with the station since 2017, and before that worked for KVUE-TV in Austin, Texas, and KREX-TV in Grand Junction, Colorado.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.