Media Moves at Forbes & LA Times, CBS News Staffs Its 2020 Election Team
CBS News is getting ready for the 2020 presidential election and has announced the expansion of its political coverage across all platforms. The following are the newly announced presidential campaign reporters and associate producers:
- Musadiq Bidar, associate producer on CBS This Morning, has joined the 2020 presidential campaign team as a reporter. He has been with CBS since 2015.
- Adam Brewster, an associate producer for CBS News, has joined the political embed team as a reporter. He joined CBS in 2017, and has previously worked for CSN News.
- Bo Erickson, a Capitol Hill reporter for the network, has been named reporter on the 2020 presidential campaign team. Erickson joined CBS's Face the Nation in 2018.
- Cara Korte, an associate producer for CBS This Morning, has joined the 2020 political team as a reporter. She has been with the network since 2017.
- Nicole D. Sganga, a video journalist for CBS News since 2015, has moved to the 2020 election team as a reporter.
- Alexander Tin, an associate producer for CBS's Face the Nation, has joined the political embed team as a reporter. He has been with the network since 2016, when he joined as an intern.
- Jack Turman, a political reporter for CBS News, has also become a part of the team covering the 2020 presidential campaign. He has been with CBS since 2017.
- Stephanie Ramirez, a reporter/multimedia journalist who writes, shoots and edits her own material at WUSA-TV in Washington, D.C., has also joined CBS News as a 2020 campaign reporter.
- Zak Hudak, the assignment editor for the National Desk at CBS, has been named associate producer for the team covering the 2020 presidential campaign. He has been with CBS since 2017.
- Sarah Ewall-Wice, a producer for CBS News since early 2017, has joined the 2020 election team as an associate producer.
- Benjamin F. Mitchell, an associate producer for CBS's Political Unit, has also joined the team covering the 2020 presidential campaign as an associate producer. He joined CBS in 2017.
- Ellee Watson, the executive assistant to the bureau chief of CBS News in Washington, D.C., has been named associate producer on the politics embed team. She joined the network in 2017.
The Los Angeles Times has named LZ Granderson sports and culture columnist, a newly created position at the paper. He joined the staff on Jan. 14, and writes on topics ranging from the latest home game to athletes turned activists. He also shares his perspective on how sports connect with politics, culture, race, fashion and music, as well as how teams and athletes are reflected in media and pop culture. Granderson is also the co-host of ESPN LA Radio's “Mornings with Keyshawn, LZ and Travis.” He has co-hosted ESPN TV’s “SportsNation,” wrote for ESPN and The Undefeated, served as the ringside reporter for DAZN, and has contributed to ABC News and CNN.
Tamara El Waylly and Rey Mashayekhi have joined Fortune, as associate editor and reporter, respectively. El Waylly comes from Asahi Shimbun, one of Japan’s national newspapers, where she spent the last three years as a United Nations reporter. She will edit Fortune's commentary section. Mashayekhi, who will cover finance and the markets for Fortune, was most recently at the Commercial Observer, where he covered New York’s commercial real estate market since 2017.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.