Media Moves at NYT & MSNBC, New Staff Joins The Bulwark
The New York Times has announced the following additions and promotions across several of its departments:
- Meghan Louttit has been promoted to deputy metro editor, focusing on visual storytelling. She has been in a temporary role on the Metro desk since mid-2018, after serving as deputy editor of The Times's Digital News Design group for three years. She joined the paper in 2010 as a multimedia editor after working at The Washington Post.
- Kevin Granville will relocate to The Times's London bureau in February to oversee European business coverage as a reporter. He is currently a senior staff editor overseeing business coverage for the Business Day section, and has been with the paper since 1997.
- Sebastian Modak has been named the 52 Places Traveler, a role in which he reports from each stop on the annual list.He comes from Conde Nast Traveler, where he worked as a digital writer. Before that, he worked on the MTV World series "Rebel Music."
- Randal "Randy" Archibold has been named sports editor. He is a 20-year veteran of The Times and a top deputy on the Sports desk. Archibold joined the paper in 1998 and before that worked at The Los Angeles Times, The Los Angeles Daily News and The San Diego Tribune.
MSNBC has brought on Hugo Balta is a weekend senior producer. He comes from ESPN where he spent the last five years as a senior director, and had been on staff since 2011. Before that, he worked for WCBS-TV in New York as managing editor.
The Bulwark, a conservative site published by the Defending Democracy Together Institute, and, up until now served as an aggregator, will start running original opinion items, analysis and reporting. With that, come the appointments of the following staff:
- Charlie Sykes, a political commentator on MSNBC, has been tapped as editor in chief, and will host a daily podcast. He previously spent decades as editor in chief and host at RightWisconsin.com.
- Jonathan V. Last, the former digital editor of the recently shuttered The Weekly Standard, has joined The Bulwark as executive editor.
- Rachael Larimore, also previously with The Weekly Standard where she served as the digital managing editor, has joined the site in the same capacity. She has also worked for Slate as senior editor and managing editor.
- Benjamin Parker, also formerly from The Weekly Standard, has joined as senior editor. His writings have also been published in The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Examiner, and The Hill.
- Andrew Egger has joined as a senior writer and reports on politics and the White House. He has previously written for The Weekly Standard and American Spectator.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.