Media Moves at W Magazine & Orlando Sentinel, CBS Names EVP of News
The Orlando Sentinel has promoted Roger Simmons to managing editor. He was previously the content director for audience engagement, and has been with the paper since 2012. Prior to that, Simmons worked at Tribune Interactive as director of digital content. Before that, he spent two years at the Orlando Sentinel as digital news editor and associate managing editor, online.
W magazine has announced two top editorial promotions on its digital staff:
- Fan Zhong has been promoted to digital director, upped from digital features director. He joined the magazine in 2010 as assistant editor, and since then has served as associate editor, digital culture editor, and digital deputy editor.
- Caroline Grosso has been promoted to digital fashion director. She most recently served as the senior digital fashion editor, and has been on staff since 2014. Before that, she worked for Elle as accessories editor.
Kimberly Godwin has been appointed EVP of news at CBS, and will oversee newsgathering around the world, including the national desks, foreign desks and bureaus. She has been with CBS News since 2007, and most recently served as VP of news, as well as CBS News' executive director for development and diversity since 2014.
Block Club Chicago, the nonprofit subscription-based digital news site founded by former editors of DNAinfo Chicago, has hired three reporters:
- Jamie Nesbitt Golden has joined as a reporter and covers Englewood, Chatham and Auburn Gresham. She previously freelanced for Block Club and DNAinfo, and has replaced Lee Edwards.
- Hannah Alani, who previously reported for The Post and Courier in Charleston, South Carolina, has joined as a reporter and covers Wicker Park, Bucktown and West Town. She has replaced Alisa Hauser.
- Jonathan Ballew, who freelanced for Block Club, now covers Uptown, Edgewater and Rogers Park.
Kimberly Davis is the newest reporter at KYW-TV, the CBS station in Philadelphia. She comes form sister station WTVF-TV in Nashville, Tennessee, where she spent the last four years as a reporter. Before that, she worked as a morning news anchor for Fox 47 News in Lansing, Michigan.
NBC's WMAQ-TV in Chicago has recruited Lauren Stauffer as managing editor, effective March 11. She comes from WJLA-TV in Arlington, Virginia, where she is currently an executive producer. Before that, she worked as a producer for WJLA-TV in Washington, D.C., and WKRN-TV in Nashville, Tennessee.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.