March 25, 2019
/ by Anna Marevska
The Associated Press has appointed Matt Chandler as news director for Latin America. He is based at AP’s Latin America headquarters in Mexico City, and will oversee more than 100 journalists and editors in text, photos and video in a region stretching from the U.S.-Mexico border to Chile’s Tierra del Fuego. He will also oversee AP’s Spanish-language text service, with correspondents throughout Latin America, as well as in the United States, and a team of video producers based in Washington. Chandler joined AP as an executive producer in 2016, and previously had worked as a senior editor for international news companies including the BBC, Al Jazeera and Sky News.
The New York Times has significantly expanded the staff of “The Daily” podcast, and has added five to its Audio team roster:
· Lisa Chow has joined as senior editor. Most recently, she was the host of “StartUp,” the flagship Gimlet documentary series about entrepreneurial life. She has also served as senior editor at FiveThirtyEight, a correspondent at NPR, and an economics reported at New York Public Radio.
· Marc Georges has joined as editor for “The Daily.” He just launched the third season of “First Day Back,” a narrative series where each season documents one person’s effort to make a comeback. He has also previously worked at EW Scripps and BBC News.
· Adizah Eghan will join the staff April 29 as news producer for the podcast. She was previously a producer at Snap Judgment, where she just won the top Third Coast documentary award for “Counted: An Oakland Story.”
· Eric Krupke has joined as news producer. He comes from The Financial Times where he spent the last year hosting, producing and editing their daily news program. Before that, he worked as podcast producer at Scripps.
· Kelly Prime will return to NYT Audio April 29 as narrative producer. She was previously producing “More Perfect,” the Radiolab spinoff series from WNYC about the Supreme Court. Prime had worked with NYT Audio in 2017.
Mario Marroquin has been tapped by the San Diego Business Journal as a reporter; he starts in April. Marroquin is currently a contributor for Jersey Digs, and previously reported for Latin Finance covering emerging market debt and loan transactions. He has also covered real estate for NJBiz.com.
The Denver Business Journal has brought on Andrew Dodson as a real estate reporter. He comes from MLive.com/Bay City Times where he has served as a news leader and editor since 2014. Prior to that, he was a technology editor for NewsCheckMedia and a business reporter for the Bay City Times before that.
Natasha Mascarenhas has joined Crunchbase News as a reporter covering venture capital, startups, and diversity in technology. She was previously a business correspondent for the Boston Globe, and before that worked as an InBusiness editor for the Daily Free Press. Crunchbase News highlights technology, databases and data collection and the people behind it.
WSMV-TV, the NBC station in Nashville, Tennessee, has hired Mitch Jacob as news director. He comes from WJLA Washington where he was station manager and director of news. Jacob has also served as news director at KPHO, Meredith’s CBS affiliate in Phoenix, in the early 2000s. He has also held news director positions at WSYX-WTTE in Columbus, Ohio; WTOL in Toledo, Ohio; KWCH in Wichita, Kansas; and KGBT Harlingen, Texas.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.
1-312-922-2400from 8 AM - 5 PM CT