April 16, 2019
/ by Anna Marevska
Kimberly Castro has been promoted to deputy chief of content and executive editor at U.S. News & World Report. She most recently served as the executive editor of consumer advice at the outlet and managed a large staff of editors and reporters who produced advise content under the Money, Health, and Education verticals. Castro has been on staff since 2008, and before that worked for Standard & Poor’s as managing editor.
HBO’s Vice News Tonight has hired Elizabeth Landers as a Washington correspondent. She comes from CNN where she spent the last six years as a producer. Prior to that she freelanced for Scene Magazine and the New York Observer.
Les Shu has joined Business Insider as guides editor overseeing product guides in the Insider Picks division. He was previously with Digital Trends for more than six years, most recently in charge of features at the site. Prior to that he spent several years freelancing and served as editorial specialist for Canon USA before that.
Digital Trends has promoted Drew Prindle to senior editor, features, effective March 18. He most recently served as emerging technologies editor at the outlet and has been at DT for since 2012 when he joined the staff as a writer focusing on science and technology.
CNBC.com has announced the addition of several new reporters for the Politics and General News teams:
· Michael Bloom has joined the staff as a reporter, covering Wall Street research and analysts. He spent the last 12 years as a senior talent producer, responsible for booking some of the biggest names for CNBC’s Business Day programming. Prior to CNBC, he was a booking producer for Fox News and an associate producer at ABC Radio.
· Kevin Breuninger has joined as a reporter, covering breaking news for the Politics team. Before CNBC, he was a recruitment outreach coordinator and associate teacher at Success Academy Charter Schools.
· Tucker Higgins has joined CNBC Digital as a reporter, covering the Supreme Court as well as breaking news for the Politics desk. Previously, he was a Dow Jones News Fund business reporting fellow and freelancer for SevenFifty Daily and CNN.
· Annie Nova has joined as a personal finance reporter with a focus on education. Prior to CNBC, she was an editorial intern at MONEY and reported in the South Bronx for two years for local newspapers. Her work has also appeared on WNYC and in The New York Post.
· Megan Graham has joined as a reporter covering the advertising industry and the billions of dollars spent there trying to influence consumers. She was previously a reporter at Advertising Age where he covered media agencies for two years. Before that, she spent three years at the Chicago Tribune as a reporter on the Blue Sky Innovation team.
· Sara Salinas has been promoted to news editor and handles homepage rankings and breaking news headlines. She joined the staff in 2017 as a tech reporter and before that interned at the Boston Globe on the Metro desk.
· Spencer Kimball has been named weekend editor. He spent the last two years as the news editor, and joined the staff in 2017 from Handelsblatt Global where he worked as the U.S. Editor
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Media Moves US
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.
1-312-922-2400from 8 AM - 5 PM CT