May 14, 2019
Media Moves US
/ by Anna Marevska
Steve Peoples has stepped into the role of chief political writer at the Associated Press and will take the lead in covering the 2020 campaign. He has covered politics for the AP since he joined the Washington, D.C. bureau in 2011. Prior to that he worked for CQ Roll Call and Providence Journal.
Adweek has announced the promotion of two editors, and transition of another:
· Stephanie Paterik is now executive editor, upped from managing editor. She has been with Adweek since 2015 when she joined the staff as senior web editor. Prior to that, she covered the retail and travel industries as a business reporter.
· Lisa Granatstein is now the editor and senior vice president of programming. She was previously the managing editor and has been with the outlet since 2015. Prior to that, she spent several years covering digital media for Mediaweek and Time.
· James Cooper has shifted to editor at large for Adweek. After 21 years at the outlet and eight years as its editorial director, he has decided to transition out of the role and pursue other opportunities. He will continue working with Adweek on a special project basis.
Gavin Bade has joined Politico Pro as a reporter covering energy policy. He comes from Industry Dive, where he has been on staff since 2014 reporting at the leading edge of the power sector transformation. Prior to that, he was an editorial intern at The American Prospect and the editor in chief of The Georgetown Voice, Georgetown University’s student publication.
The Athletic Chicago has hired three new writers covering the NFL and the Chicago Bears:
· Adam Jahns has joined as a writer covering the Chicago Bears. He is a former longtime staffer of the Chicago Sun-Times, where he spent the last 14 years on NHL/Chicago Blackhawks beat.
· Dan Pompei has joined the site as an NFL senior writer. He spent the last six years at Bleacher Reporter as an NFL writer, and before that worked in the same capacity at the Chicago Tribune for six years.
· Dan Durkin has joined as a lead writer for Chicago Bears coverage. He comes from CBS Chicago where he covered the Bears from 2011 to 2016.
Christina Coleman has joined the Los Angeles bureau of Fox News as general assignment reporter. She previously spent five years at NBC’s KSDK-TV in St. Louis, Missouri, and before that worked at KABB/WOAI in San Antonio, Texas.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Media Moves US
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.
1-312-922-2400from 8 AM - 5 PM CT