Media Moves at ‘CBS This Morning’ & The Atlantic, ‘60 Minutes’ Names Executive Editor
Tanya Simon has been named the new executive editor of “60 Minutes” on CBS. She is a veteran of the newsmagazine and has worked for the broadcast for nearly 20 years as a senior producer. During that time she also oversaw digital content and the production of the spin-off “60 Minutes Sports” for Showtime. Simon began her career at CBS News as a researcher for “48 Hours” in 1996. She was promoted to associate producer and then producer at that newsmagazine before joining “60 Minutes” in 2000.
The Atlantic has announced the addition of several new staff and the promotion of others:
· Shirley Li has joined the magazine as a staff writer covering culture based in Los Angeles. She comes from Entertainment Weekly where she most recently served as a staff writer.
· John Hendrickson has joined the staff as a New York-based senior editor covering politics. He previously spent a year as the politics editor for Rolling Stone, and before that served as the deputy editor for Esquire online for four years.
· Saahil Desai has been promoted to associate editor covering politics. He was most recently an assistant editor and has been on staff since 2018. Prior to that, he was a digital editor for The Washington Monthly.
· Amy Weiss-Meyer has been promoted to managing editor after serving as a senior associate editor for a year. She joined the staff in 2015 as assistant editor and before that worked as a freelance fact-checker at NPR.
· Adrienne Green is now senior associate editor and edits magazine pieces and writes for the politics desk. She joined The Atlantic in 2015 as an editorial fellow and since then has moved up on the masthead.
Diana Miller has been promoted to executive producer for “CBS This Morning,” upped from senior producer of the show. She joined CBS in 2012 as the EP of “Live from the Couch” and before that produced for MTV and CNN.
Michelle Simakis has been named editor of Cannabis Business Times and Cannabis Dispensary. She comes from Garden Center, where she spent the last four years as the editor, and before that served as the managing editor for the outlet for three years. Simakis has also worked for A Garden Life and Pathc.com.
The Denver Business Journal has tapped Jensen Werley as a reporter covering technology, innovation and healthcare. She comes from BizWest, where she spent two years as a reporter. Before that, Werley worked at the Jacksonville Business Journal covering transportation, logistics, manufacturing, defense, energy and tech.
CNBC digital has shifted Spencer Kimball to weekend editor after spending the last two years as news editor. He joined CNBC in 2017 and before that spent two years as the U.S. editor at Handelsblatt Global. Prior to that, Kimball was a correspondent for Deutsche Welle for five years.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.