Media Moves at MarketWatch & Recode, Changes at Washington Post Video
The Washington Post has announced several role changes on the Video Team as the paper ramps up coverage of the 2020 campaign:
· Elyse Samuels is now the video verification editor, a newly created role. She is responsible for identifying and verifying video from major news events on Facebook, Reddit and other platforms. She has been with The Post since 2016.
· Blair Guild has taken on the politics breaking news video editor position and is responsible for finding moments from campaign events that drive the daily conversation. She also maintains The Post’s database of campaign events. Guild has been with the paper since 2018 and joined the staff from CBS News digital.
· Jhaan Elker has moved to the national video editing team as national video editor. He works on stories that cover the intersection of policy and the citizenry, from immigration and the Supreme Court to science and the environment. He most recently covered business and technology as a video producer and editor and has been with The Post since 2013.
· Melissa Macaya has shifted from leading the evening breaking video news team to becoming morning coverage editor. She has been with the paper since 2017 and previously spent three years at CNN en Espanol.
· Patrick Martin has taken over Macaya’s role as evening breaking news video editor after spending the past years as a video editor. He has been with the paper since 20107 and before that worked at Patch.
Jon Swartz will join MarketWatch in San Francisco in June as a senior reporter and will cover companies likes Netflix, Facebook and Google. He is currently wrapping up his duties as senior reporter for Barron’s, a position he has been in since 2017. Prior to that, he spent 17 years at USA Today most of which as San Francisco bureau chief.
The Albuquerque Journal has bid farewell to longtime business editor Charlie Moore. He has left the paper for a job in the administration of Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham. Moore has been with the paper since 1982 initially as a reporter and later as the metro editor, apposition he held for 17 years.
Alicia Wallace has joined CNN Business to cover the cannabusiness as a reporter. She was previously a reporter for the Denver Post, where she developed the national marijuana policy and business reporting beat. Before that, she worked for the Daily Camera as a business reporter.
InStyle has named Agnes Chapski publisher. She most recently spent a little over a year at NewBeauty, where she was president. Prior to that she spent 20 years as chief revenue officer of Allure magazine at Conde Nast. Chapski has also served as an associate publisher at Vanity Fair and Lucky.
Samantha Oltman has joined Recode as a tech editor. She comes from BuzzFeed where she spent the last three years as deputy business and tech editor. Before that, she was a homepage editor and web producer at Wired.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.