May 30, 2019
Media Moves US
/ by Anna Marevska
New York magazine has announced that Matthew Schneier will join the staff as features writer on June 10. He will write for both the print magazine and the Cut, and will cover fashion, as well as culture, politics, and urban life more broadly. Schneier joins New York from The New York Times, where he was a reporter and staff writer since 2014. Before that, he was the deputy editor of Style.com, now Vogue Runway.
Barron’s has promoted three of its staff to key leadership positions in the organization:
· Lauren Rublin has been appointed senior managing editor. In this expanded role, she will serve as executive editor Bob Rose’s second-in-command on all fronts, including running Barron’s in his absence. Rublin will continue with her existing duties as editor of the Barron’s Roundtable and special projects, a position she has held since early 2018.
· Alex Eule has been promoted to deputy editor and will continue to cover disruptions in tech and finance. He has been with Barron’s since 2006 and has held many editorial roles, including writer, senior editor, and most recently managing editor of the publication.
· Ben Levisohn is now deputy editor covering markets. He was previously the managing editor for markets coverage and has been with Barron’s since early 2018 when he joined the staff after eight years with The Wall Street Journal.
Caroline Kenny has joined CNN Political Unit as video producer covering the 2020 campaign trail as embed. She has been with the network since 2016 and will continue working as an online producer for “The Lead with Jake Tapper,” “The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer,” and “State of the Union with Jake Tapper.”
Bloomberg News has added two political reporters in Washington and promoted two others in New York:
· Tyler Pager has joined Bloomberg News in Washington, D.C., as a national politics reporter covering the 2020 presidential campaign and election. He comes from The New York Times where he was a reporting fellow for almost a year.
· Misyrlena Egkolfopoulou has moved to the Washington bureau of Bloomberg News as national politics reporter covering the 2020 presidential campaign and election. She most recently covered real estate out of New York and has been with Blomberg since 2018.
· James Crombie has been promoted to senior editor covering credit markets. He was most recently a team lead at the newswire and has been on staff since 2011 when he joined as an editor. Prior to that, he was the editor in chief of LatinFinance for five years.
· Nikolaj Gammeltoft has been upped to corporate & structured credit team lead and will also covers Canadian and Latin American credit. His team is focused on investment-grade corporate borrowers and securitized debt. Gammeltoft as been with Bloomberg since 2009.
Benjamin Pimentel has joined Business Insider as a San Francisco-based senior technology reporter. He covers enterprise technology and Silicon Valley, focusing on major players in corporate IT and trends shaping the industry, including cloud computing, AI, blockchain, and software-as-a-service. Pimentel comes from NerdWallet where he covered small business, and before that worked for MarketWatch.com and the San Francisco Chronicle.
The Dallas Morning News will welcome Kyle Arnold June 24 as an aviation writer. He is currently the retail and restaurants reporter for the Orlando Sentinel, a position he has held since 2014. Before that, he reported on aerospace and transportation for the Tulsa World for six years.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Media Moves US
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.
1-312-922-2400from 8 AM - 5 PM CT