July 09, 2020
/ by Rocky Parker
See the original post on Beyond Bylines.
Can we all agree that spam emails are the worst?
Unfortunately, journalists too often are the victims of receiving unsolicited news stories. According to findings in Cision's 2020 State of the Media Report, nearly half of reporters receive more than 50 pitches each week. And only 1% of respondents say that 75%-100% of the pitches they receive are relevant to their work.
So how is a journalist supposed to sift through potentially hundreds of emails to find the types of stories they’re looking for?
Registered users of PR Newswire for Journalists can customize their newsfeed(s) with the specific industries, subjects, and geographic regions they want. They’re also able to set a delivery schedule and receive the release format that works best for them.
PR Newswire for Journalists newsfeeds are completely in the control of the journalists, freelancers, and bloggers.
Looking for general consumer news coming out of North America? Easy. What about new technology product announcements in Latin America? No problem. Setting up a profile that’s tailored to your specific needs can be done in a few easy steps.
Ready to get started?
1. If you are new to the site, you will be prompted to create a newsfeed once you log in.
2. If you've already created a newsfeed and want to adjust it or create a new one, click on “Edit My Profiles” in the drop-down menu beneath My PR Newswire at the top of the page.
3. From here, choose a newsfeed to edit or scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Create new profile.”
4. Give your newsfeed a name and click the YES bubble in the “Send to this email?” section. Selecting YES turns on push emails. Don't want emails? That's OK, you can choose NO if you don't want to receive email notifications; the profile will still update and you can view the latest results whenever you log in.
5. Tell us how often you want to receive news from us. This can be daily, weekly, or in real time. Also, let us know if you want full text, abstracts, or only headlines.
6. Select the type of news you want by keyword, company, industry, subject, geography, and/or language. We're always working to add relevant industry and subject codes to help you better target your release results.
We recently added new codes including Artificial Intelligence, Fitness/Wellness, Supply Chain/Logistics, Men's Interest, and more.
7. Click “Create Profile” and voila! You will receive news releases from PR Newswire on the days and times you selected.
Creating your personal newsfeed weeds out the stuff you don’t want and delivers the items you do. If you switch beats or switch jobs, no problem. Newsfeed profiles can be changed at any time.
If you need assistance setting up a newsfeed or with other PR Newswire services for journalists, email firstname.lastname@example.org for a personal walkthrough.
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.
1-877-297-8912from 8 AM - 5 PM CT