Although there are six CisionBlog authors, there are many other staff members who work behind-the-scenes, giving us great blog ideas and feedback. Today’s idea is courtesy of Michael Nadler, manager, data analysis. He is father to a new baby girl and instead of sleeping, he spends time feeding her at night and catching up on some news while doing so.
This post idea started with the title of “What’s in Your Bag?,” but we quickly realized the single most important item we carry is our phone, and it connects us to everything that used to take up inches and pounds.
What are your favorite apps, professional or otherwise? Send them to me at
lisa.larranaga (at) cision.com or in the comments below and we’ll share them in a later post.
What’s On Your Phone, Cision?
- Professionally, I couldn’t do without HootSuite. Personally, I am totally addicted to Instagram. It’s actually a real problem for me. Off the beaten path, I love SoundHound – you can just put your phone up to a speaker for a few seconds and it identifies the song and artist that’s playing.
Heidi Sullivan, vice president, global media research
- Our Canadian office’s favourite apps: Hailo, Orchestra and Shazam.
Terry Foster, president, Cision Canada; Julie Geller, director, marketing and social media, Cision Canada; and Niki Singh, marketing & social media coordinator, Cision Canada (respectively).
- MyFitnessPal helps me keep track of my workouts, how many calories I eat each day, and whatever health goals I’ve set for myself. I also think the recent iPhone updates to the Facebook app are really good – much more user-friendly. And I’m addicted to Scrabble.
Libby vanBuskirk, client support manager
- ABC News, Pandora and E! News app for my train ride. And the Google Navigator app gets me around when I am driving!
Kristen Sala, senior manager, electronic media
- I have four favorite apps: BellyCard, Daily Puppy, Level Up, Uber. Don’t get me started on the Domino’s Pizza app; I’d be here all day! THE COUPONS!
Amanda Yang, media statistics specialist
- These are my top apps: Reddit is fun, Instagram, Camera 360, Writer, Yelp, Minecraft Pocket Edition (because I’m a nerd).
Brandon Andersen, global product development manager
- I use my Wells Fargo bank app more than most other apps I’ve downloaded. I can make transfers, find ATMs, get phone numbers for local banks; it’s handy.
Erin Wagner, social media analysis, Cision Global Analysts
- My favorite app is Shazam. Best used on road trips for song guessing games!
Gina Goodman, supervisor, radio, and CisionNavigator social
- This is way nerdy, but my favorite app is Shortyz, a free crossword app that downloads puzzles from well-known media outlets. You can play puzzles offline, which makes it an essential app for Blue Line subway delays.
Teresa Dankowski, community manager, Seek or Shout
- My favorite app is called MyFitnessPal.
Emily Vietoris, Supervisor, Canadian Media Research
- OK, don’t laugh, but I just completed two 14-hour car rides in four days with a 21-month-old. Elmo Calls kept him occupied for hours. It actually made my son think he was really Facetiming with the furry little red guy.
Laurie Mahoney, senior manager, product marketing
- Elmo Calls is my favorite, too! Wait. You mean to tell me I’m not ACTUALLY Facetiming with Elmo?! What’s next? Are you going to tell me Santa isn’t real?
Douglas Placko, account manager
- I cannot live without the Radian6 app, bitly, Facebook Pages, Twitter and Ragan News. I start organizing our social activity on my commute into work, and these apps make it simple! In most instances, I find the iPhone app more intuitive and easier to use than the desktop version. I also love the AP Mobile app for news, and I would be lying if I didn’t mention that I read Us Weekly via its app. Don’t judge!
Lisa Larranaga, social media manager, Cision US
- I love the WordPress App for posting to my blog. And Instagram of course.
Peter Nawara, User Experience Designer