The newsroom at The Commercial Appeal in Memphis recently lost a handful of employees, including:
- Digital strategist David Royer, who had been with the newspaper in various roles for nearly five years;
- Jody Callahan, a metro reporter who covered crime, courts and police;
- Longtime sports reporter Phil Stukenborg, who had been on staff since 1983;
- Features and events reporter and columnist Michael Donahue; and
- John Sale, assistant managing editor of visuals, who also had served as director of photography.
Follow The Commercial Appeal on Twitter.