Over the years, we’ve recognized women bloggers, women-focused blogs, and news sites for women that cover a variety of industries and topics, from breaking news to women’s rights to professional development to car maintenance.
So to celebrate International Women’s Day (March 8) and Women's History Month, we thought we’d bring together those lists so that you can access them from one convenient place.
These talented writers and standout sites are working to #BreakTheBias by writing content that promotes “A world free of bias, stereotypes and discrimination. A world that's diverse, equitable, and inclusive. A world where difference is valued and celebrated.”
Blogs that Cover Women’s Careers
- Women’s Leadership Blogs: We celebrated International Women’s Day in 2021 by recognizing seven blogs full of advice on how to switch careers, get a promotion, confront a coworker or manager, or even quit a job that isn’t right for you.
- Career Women Blogs: The pandemic had a huge impact on women in the workforce, but they still make up nearly 40% of the labor force. These blogs help professional women advance in their jobs, switch careers, boost their interview skills, and more.
- Professional Development Blogs for Women of Color: We put together a list of blogs that give career guidance through the lens of people of color.
Blogs by and for Moms
- Mommy Blogs: These mommas have provided a wealth of tips and tricks to help other mothers who just need a little advice, a little laugh, and a little inspiration. From balancing work, mommy duties, marriage, and “me time” – they share it all!
- Motherhood Blogs: For Mother’s Day (and beyond) follow these blogs to learn more about motherhood, parenting, family nutrition, and more.
- Asian American Mom Bloggers: We combined our celebrations of Mother’s Day and Asian Pacific American Heritage Month in 2020. We recognized several Asian Pacific American mom bloggers who write about parenting, education, cooking, lifestyle, and more.
- LGBTQ+ Parenting Blogs: During our celebration of Pride Month, we gave a well-deserved shoutout to these blogs offering personal stories of parenting as well as valuable advice and resources on adoption, surrogacy, IVF, and more.
Blogs that Cover Women’s Issues
- Women’s Rights Blogs: These inspiring blogs educate and empower anyone looking to be an ally and advocate for the women’s movement.
- Feminist Blogs: Back in 2017, we recognized a few feminist blogs that focus on gender equality and the racism that sometimes exists within it.
- Women Empowerment Blogs: These inspiring organizations and their blogs are making the future a brighter place for girls and women.
Other Women’s Blogs that We Love
- Car Blogs for Women: These blogs provide a fresh and unique take on information about cars and they represent gender equality within the automotive and motorsports industry.
- Female Photographer Blogs: In this list, we shine some light on admirable female photographers who dominate a wide variety of photographic specialties all over the world.
- Hiking & Backpacking Blogs: While all the blogs in this roundup can appeal to women, one, in particular, is written specifically with women in mind and addresses the unique issues they can encounter on the trails.
- Camping Blogs, Part 1: This is another roundup that includes a women-focused blog that specifically addresses camping and “proves girls have just as much fun in the woods as boys.”
News Sites for Women
- 9 Women’s Interest News Sites: These women’s news sites cover everything from politics to parenting and offer inspirational, educational, and empowering content for women.
- 11 News Sites with Insanely Good Coverage for and About Women: We recognized these sites back in 2017 and nearly all of them are still going strong. Check out the list as there may be a few sites you aren’t familiar with.