Morning Brew has tapped Brandon Katz as an entertainment creator/host covering the Hollywood industry. He was previously a senior entertainment reporter at Observer.com and before that has contributed to Forbes and HNGN.com.
Bill Donahue is the new senior legal correspondent at Billboard. He covers the intersection of the music industry and the legal system, reporting on music litigation, streaming royalties, music-focused BigLaw and much more. Donahue comes to the outlet from Law360, where he served as editor at large for two years, and as a co-host of the weekly podcast Pro Say for four years before that.
The Miami Herald has hired Michael Butler as a reporter covering real estate. He spent the past year and a half at Technically in Philadelphia, and before that wrote about culture, music and arts for Ebony.com as a freelance writer.
VentureBeat has welcomed Kyle Alspach as a staff writer reporting on security technologies, including emerging technologies, along with covering enterprise security strategies and trends. He joins the outlet from The Channel Company, where he covers PC and cloud news for CRN as senior technical editor. Before that, Alspach has served as a tech editor for American Inno, a senior staff writer at the Boston Globe, and a tech editor for the Boston Business Journal.
Nat Rubio-Licht has joined Protocol as a breaking news reporter/news writer covering breaking news, technology and policy. She spent the past year at the Los Angeles Business Journal as a tech reporter and before that worked for Seattle magazine as a digital producer and social media manager.
The Information has tapped Jon Steinberg as an editor tasked to help launch the Weekend section, which will focus on technology, culture, parenting, and more. He was previously the creative director of Vox Media's Epic Magazine, and before that helmed San Francisco Magazine as editor in chief. Steinberg also spent five years at New York magazine and has also worked at Time Inc.
Nicole Saunders has joined Hearst as the beauty editor of Best Products. She was most recently the associate commerce editor at NBC News, where she covered wellness and lifestyle. Before that she has covered beauty and e-commerce on a freelancer basis for Well + Good, CNN, Cosmopolitan, Women's Health and Billboard.
Morning Consult has tapped Matthew Kendrick is joining Morning Consult as geopolitics reporter and authors the outlet's newest daily morning news briefing, Morning Consult Global. Launching in December, the newsletter will give subscribers the latest data, insight and analysis into the headlines driving today's global business, economic and geopolitical environment. Kendrick comes to Moring Consult from CNN, where he spent five years, most recently as a production assistant.
Kara Voght will join Rolling Stone in January 2022 as politics reporter. She is currently wrapping up her duties as national politics reporter at Mother Jones, a position she has held since joining the staff full time in 2018. As a freelancer, Voght has contributed to The Atlantic, Nieman Storyboard, POLITICO, and U.S. News & World Report.
ProPublica has named George Papajohn as editor of its Chicago-based Midwest newsroom. He leads the reporting team to investigate stories in Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Missouri, Minnesota and other states. Papajohn joined ProPublica as a senior editor in August and before that served as an investigative editor at BuzzFeed News. Before that, he was associate managing editor for investigations at the Chicago Tribune.
Luiza Savage has been promoted to executive editor for growth at Politico. She was most recently the executive editor of editorial initiatives at the outlet and before that served as executive director for Politico Canada. Before joining the staff in 2015, Savage has worked as the Washington bureau chief for Maclean's Magazine and the Washington correspondent for The New York Sun.
The Wall Street Journal has announced multiple promotions across the newsroom:
- Aylin Woodward has joined the paper as a science and innovation reporter and covers STEM topics with particular emphasis on space exploration. She was previously a senior science reporter at Insider.
- David Marino-Nachison has joined the Finance group as markets news editor. He was most recently a senior publishing editor at the paper and has been on staff since 2019.
- Jenna Telesca is now the finance news editor for crypto and retail trading. She was previously the deputy bureau chief at The Journal and joined the staff in 2019 from Supermarket News.
- Christina Rexrode has also been named finance news editor, focusing on consumer banking and housing finance. She was previously a deputy bureau chief at has been at the paper since 2018.
- Nathan Becker has been named finance news editor focusing on IPOs, SPACs and capital markets; he is also the U.S. point person for China finance coverage. Becker has been at The Journal since 2008.
Malak Saleh has joined Barron's as a digital producer. She was previously the breaking news editor at Bloomberg News and before that spent a little less than an year at CNN as a production assistant and social TV associate.
Sonya Ross has been named managing editor of Inside Climate News, effective January 1, 2022. She spent more than 30 years at the Associated Press and throughout the years has held a variety of positions including a reporter, news editor, and race and ethnicity editor. She was the first Black woman assigned to the White House beat by The AP; she is also the first Black woman elected to the board of the White House Correspondents Association.
Indianapolis Business Journal has brought on David Lindquist as a retail, restaurants and arts reporter. He is also the host of “The Beat with Dave Lindquist” on WTTS in Indianapolis, Indiana. Lindquist is a veteran reporter and has worked at newspapers in Indiana, Illinois, and New York since 1991. He also spent more than a decade writing about music and pop culture for The Indianapolis Star.
Bloomberg News has shifted beats for two reporters:
- Reporter Yueqi Yang has moved to the crypto and market structure beat, and now focuses on covering crypto exchanges, institutional adoptions, and Wall Street vs. crypto. She was previously a weekend reporter for Bloomberg in New York, covering weekend news and writing feature stories with a focus on New York City, small businesses and minority communities.
- Kamaron Leach has moved to the Deals Team to cover private equity. He has previously covered enterprise stories and breaking news, spanning the finance, tech, media and entertainment industries at Bloomberg.
Axios has welcomed Richard Collings as a reporter on the retail beat. He focuses on mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings, private equity and other topics related to retail. Collings comes to Axios from Adweek, where he also covered retail. Before that, he contributed to LevFin Insights and S&P Global Markets.
Alexandra Semenova has joined Yahoo Finance as a markets reporter. She spent the past two years as a reporter for MandateWire at the Financial Times, where she wrote on the investment activity of public and corporate pension funds, insurance companies and foundations. Before that, Semenova was an intern at Bloomberg.
WSMV-TV, the NBC station in Nashville, Tennessee, has hired Jasmine Hatcher Hardin as general manager. She was most recently at WVLT in Knoxville, Tennessee, where she was most recently the general manager for four years. She has also worked at WVLT-TV and WXIA.
WTTW-TV, the PBS station in Chicago, has added two associate producers to its staff:
- Marissa Nelson has joined as associate producer at WTTW's Chicago Tonight. She was previously the editor in chief of 14 East Magazine.
- Jillian Melero has joined as associated digital editor/producer. She has previously worked at Climate Central as a climate researcher and at Medill Reports Chicago as a multimedia journalist.
Bryan Logan has joined NBC News as a business news editor. He spent the past six years as a senior editor at Business Insider and before that worked at KPBS, the NPR station in San Diego, as a weekend anchor.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes thousands of media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.