See the original post on Beyond Bylines.
While you might be watching your colleagues start off on their vacations or staycations, you’ve got more holiday feature writing to do. This annual deadline might not always lead to your most creative writing.
Thankfully, you’ve got a place to go: PR Newswire for Journalists can help journalists and bloggers fill those empty spaces on their websites with compelling holiday news content.
When readying your site for the holidays, we’ve got you covered.
Standalone Holiday News Stories
Thanks to content marketing, news releases have become great vehicles for storytelling. Marketers and publicists know you’re pressed for time and low on staff through the new year, so they’re making releases easier than ever to use.
A quick search of recent releases uncovered these announcements, which can be used as standalone holiday pieces:
- Toy Association Names Top Toy Trends for Holiday '22
- How to be safe at home: Your cool weather guide to electrical and natural gas safety
- The More the Merrier: New Report Reveals that Americans' Thanksgiving Tables Will Expand This Year
- Holiday Workers Want Wage Increases and Schedule Flexibility This Season
- Having a real Christmas tree in your home brings joy to everyone who sees it -- and smells it.
- EXTRA® Gum Studied The Most Hilariously Uncomfortable Situations Anticipated This Upcoming Holiday Season
Holiday News with Multimedia
If you’re searching for high-resolution images and/or videos, you’re in luck – many releases sent via PR Newswire include multimedia elements, making them easy to download and add to your story.
Feel free to publish photos, logos, and videos without worrying about copyright issues. Everything on our newswire is fair game for use.
Here are just some of the images you might find if you search for holiday news on PR Newswire for Journalists:
Top row, left to right: Photos by Lowe's Companies, Inc., Kellogg Company, and UGG; Middle row, left to right: Photos by Kentucky Fried Chicken and spokenote; Bottom row, left to right: Photos by 7-Eleven, Inc., Explore Asheville Convention & Visitors Bureau, and Hidden Valley Ranch.
Holiday Travel News
This seems to be the first year since the pandemic began that really feels like something resembling normal, so you’d expect holiday travel trends to also return to expected levels. And while that’s somewhat true, inflation is having an impact on travelers’ spending and vacation plans.
Here are a few recent holiday travel news stories you might have missed.
- Highest Thanksgiving Gas Prices Ever, Yet 20% More Americans Plan to Hit the Road
- Almost Three in Five Americans Plan to Add Extra Stops to Their Winter Trips This Year
- Pilot Flying J debuts new Thanksgiving meal and extra savings for holiday travelers
- Introducing the Un-carrier On from T-Mobile - the Smartest, Flyest Carry-On Ever
- Lowe's and Wyndham Bring the Warmth of Being Home for the Holidays to Stranded Travelers
- Holland America Line's Black Friday Offer Includes Crew Appreciation and Up to 40% Off Cruise Fares
Holiday Shopping News & Gift Guides
Consumer and retail companies are announcing new products and savings for consumers. And similar to recent years, many of the holiday sales are starting early, have been extended over several days/weeks, or have moved entirely online, so it’s important for journalists and bloggers to keep up with the latest announcements.
If you’re putting together a deal guide, a list of gift ideas, or holiday budgeting tips, a custom newsfeed on PR Newswire for Journalists will help you find the perfect holiday content to fit your needs.
Here are some recent press releases related to holiday shopping:
- Vericast Survey Indicates Successful Holiday Shopping Season Hinges on Brands' Ability to Alleviate Stress
- Influencers' Top Toy Picks for Holiday '22 Unveiled by Clamour
- Truly Gifted Is Simplifying the Art of Holiday Gifting
- GOBankingRates Launches The Smart Holiday Spending Guide
- New PetSmart Data Reveals Over Half of Pet Parents Spend More Time Shopping for Pets than for Some Family Members
In addition to gift guides and shopping trends, brands are also taking a look at how inflation and the supply chain are affecting consumers’ purchasing decisions this season:
- IBM Study: Consumers are Ready to Celebrate and Spend for the Holidays but Uncertainty Looms
- 1-in-4 Americans plan to skip Thanksgiving as inflation hits the holidays, according to Personal Capital research
- FinMasters Survey: Almost 90% of respondents intend to reduce holiday spending to cope with inflation
Evergreen Holiday News
Say you’re a magazine writer and you closed your holiday gift-giving guide or roundups months prior. You likely must continue updating your website.
So unless a major news event occurs, you’re probably still recycling the same ideas, tweaking them a bit, and adding a 2022 or 2023 label.
Need some evergreen ideas to start from? Try these:
- 7 Tips for Successful Holiday Party Conversations
- CPSC Reminds Early Holiday Shoppers to Follow These Top Safety Tips
- Assisted Living Locators Offers Tips For Talking With Aging Parents Over Thanksgiving
- SimpliSafe Reveals The Most Common Home Mishaps That Can Disrupt the Holidays
Need to follow up? That’s easy.
If you decide to make a few calls to supplement the press release content, finding a source to interview isn’t impossible, even at this time of year.
Every release that crosses our newswire comes with a media contact in the release. Email and phone numbers are standard, and these folks are ready for your questions.
Read more from the Cision Media Blog, including the latest media moves, upcoming events, and more.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.