Teen VOGUE has named Alexi McCammond its new editor in chief; she starts March 24. McCammond comes from political reporting and most recently served as a political reporter at Axios and a contributor to NBC and MSNBC. In 2019 she was named "Emerging Journalist of the Year" by the National Association of Black Journalists.
Juliana Feliciano Reyes is now a reporter on the Investigations Team at the Philadelphia Inquirer. She was most recently a labor reporter at the paper and has been on staff since 2017. As a freelancer, Feliciano Reyes has contributed to WIRED's Backchannel and The Washington Post's The Lily.
The Associated Press has promoted Justin Myers to data editor. He will manage the data analysts on the data team and oversee the team’s data-driven collaborations with reporters and editors across AP and its partner news organizations. Myers joined the data team five years ago as AP’s first automation editor.
Cayla Bamberger is the new education reporter for the Connecticut Post, covering education and schools across the state. Most recently, she was an education intern at The Hechinger Report and before that has held editorial internships at The Press Newspaper Group and Paste Magazine.
Lisa Chow has been named editor of "The Daily," the highly successful podcast produced by The New York Times. She has been at the paper since 2019 and has since been a supervising editor. Prior to that, she was a host of the "StartUp" podcast for five years and before that worked at FiveThirtyEight as senior editor, and NPR as a correspondent.
Axios has welcomed Sarah Mucha as political reporter covering the Biden administration and Congress. She comes from CNN where she spent three years in the Washington, D.C. bureau in various positions including associate assignment editor and news associate. Mucha has also contributed to Teen VOGUE and wrote national political issues stories.
Ben Pauker has joined Politico as national security and world editor. He was most recently the managing editor, news at Vox.com and oversaw a team of 70 reporters that covered politics and policy, Washington, culture, tech, science, commerce, philanthropy, and more. Prior to that, Pauker spent eight years at Foreign Policy magazine in various editorial positions.
The Points Guy has three new hires:
- Juan G. Ruiz has joined as credit card editor. He is also a freelance writer and has contributed credit card and travel stories at Forbes and Business Insider. Ruiz is also the blogger behind the successful family travel blog Double Duty Daddy.
- David Slotnick has joined the staff as senior airline reporter. He spent the past five years covering the airline industry, personal finance and travel for Business Insider.
- Stella J. Shon has joined as a reporter covering credit cards. She was previously a travel credit card writer at LendingTree and before that interbed at The Points Guy.
Ian Zelaya has joined Digiday as a senior editor of custom. He was previously a consumer engagement reporter at Adweek for a year-and-a-half, and before that served as news editor at BizBash for almost five years. Zelaya has also worked at Baltimore Style Magazine as a staff writer and contributed to GALO Magazine.
Fortune magazine has promoted three:
- Emma Hinchliffe has been promoted to editor on Fortune's Most Powerful Women team. She joined the magazines in 2018 as associate editor and previously worked at Inman Group and Mashable.
- Lance Lambert has become the analytics editor, upped from associate data editor. Since joining the staff in 2019 he has founded Fortune Analytics, the premium data newsletter and also oversaw Fortune's polling.
- Katherine Dunn is now an editor in the London bureau and mainly covers the intersection of climate change and business, energy, and U.K. news. Since joining Fortune in 2019, she has spent much of her time on the edit desk. Prior to that, Dunn wrote a daily business newsletter for the Canadian newsmagazine Maclean’s.
Iliana Limón Romero has joined the Los Angeles Times as deputy Sports editor. She has been Sports editor at the Orlando Sentinel since 2018, and her team has won more than a dozen Associated Press Sports Editors awards for its website, special sections, features and project reporting since she joined the Sentinel’s editing staff in 2012. Romero began her career on the metro desk at the Albuquerque Tribune.
Inc. magazine has tapped Ty Wenger as deputy editor. He comes from ESPN The Magazine where he served as a senior editor and later as deputy editor. Prior to that, he was the deputy managing editor of TheStreet.com, where he was also the founding editor of the breaking news desk.
Bloomberg News has promoted two:
- Michelle Fay Cortez has moved to Hong Kong to be an editor on the health and consumer team. She was previously a senior reporter on the health team at Bloomberg News in Minneapolis and has been at the outlet since 1992.
- Anna Edney is now a a national healthcare reporter based in Washington, D.C. She most recently covered healthcare policy and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and joined Bloomberg in 2010.
Houston Chronicle reporter Marcy De Luna now covers energy on the Business Desk. She was most recently on the digital news team and has been at the paper since 2018. Before that, De Luna spent a decade working in branded content and feature writing for national media. She also served as associate editor of CultureMap.com.
Shafaq Patel is the new minority business reporter at the Houston Business Journal covering black and brown businesses. She was most recently a business reporter, Dow Jones News Fund at the Boston Business Journal, and before that reported on the metro desk at Boston Globe Media.
Molly Stier has joined MSNBC as digital platforms editor. She was previously at Quartz, where she oversaw audience growth and engagement for Quartz's executive membership program. Stier has also previously served as social media editor at The Daily Dot.
John Brown has been named a morning anchor at Fox's KTVI-TV in St. Louis, Missouri. He will co-anchor the early morning weekday news alongside anchor Margie Ellisor from 5 to 7 a.m. Brown was most recently the station's political reporter and public affairs correspondent and has been at the station since 2016.
Telemundo's WSNS-TV in Chicago has welcomed Héctor Lozano as a sports reporter and anchor. He will co-anchor Noticiero Telemundo Chicago at 5:00 and 10:00 p.m. Lozano has worked as a sports anchor and reporter for Spanish-language sports media in Chicago for more than 25 years
Bernie Rodgers is the new managing editor at Philadelphia Style magazine. Rodgers was previously the editorial assistant at the magazine and has been on staff since August 2020. Rodgers has also previously interned at Beasley Media Group and Philadelphia Magazine.
The Ringer has hired Aric Jenkins as articles editor and will cover pop culture, sports, and technology. He comes from Fortune, where he served as a staff writer and has also edited the magazine's Race Ahead newsletter. Jenkins has also written for Timed magazine, Mic, and The International Business Times.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.