The Lily, Washington Post's online magazine for millennial women, has added two editors, who both start March 22:
- Janay Kingsberry will join the staff as multiplatform editor. She was most recently the engagement editor at Politico and before that worked as social media strategist at Bay Area News Group.
- Hannah Natanson will also join The Lily as multiplatform editor. She most recently covered education for the Washington Post and has been on staff since 2019.
Morgan Jerkins has joined ESPN's The Undefeated as a senior editor of culture. She leads a team focused on long- and short-form expository features on African-American music, theater, film and fashion, as well as other forms of entertainment. Jenkins was most recently the senior editor of ZORA, the digital magazine for and by women, where she oversaw columnists writing about politics, culture, sex and relationships. She has also had her work featured in The New Yorker, The New York Times, Esquire, The Atlantic, The Guardian, Rolling Stone, VOGUE, The Rolling Stone, and others.
The Atlantic has announced four top editorial promotions:
- Sarah Yager has been promoted to deputy executive editor, managing the art and photography, copy, and fact-checking teams. She has been a managing editor since 2019, overseeing editorial operations and standards across the newsroom.
- John Swansburg has been named a managing editor with a focus on the print magazine. He will oversee the making of the print magazine each month and manage the print team’s senior editors. Swansburg has been with The Atlantic since 2017, and previously spent 10 years as an editor at Slate.
- Bhumika Tharoor has been promoted to managing editor, leading strategy, subscriber growth, and audience habit. She was most recently senior editor of strategy and joined The Atlantic in 2018 as deputy director of Talent Lab. Tharoor previously worked at CNN and The Washington Post.
- Adrienne LaFrance has expanded her executive editor role and oversees all of editorial. She has been at The Atlantic since 2015 when she joined as a staff writer.
CALmatters, the nonprofit newsroom committed to explaining California policy and politics, will welcome Manuela Tobias as a reporter covering housing on March 29. She spent the past two years at the Fresno Bee as a reporter on the inequality beat, and before that worked as a staff writer at PolitiFact for two years.
Vice News has promoted Liz Landers to chief political correspondent. She will lead on-air political coverage for "VICE News Tonight" and continue serving as the program's guest anchor. Landers joined Vice News in 2019 and before that spent almost eight years at CNN and covered Se. Bernie Sanders and former Vice President Mike Pence during the 2016 election.
Christina Vogt is the new senior associate editor for Everyday Health. She was most recently a managing editor at HMP Global and oversaw content creation and strategy for Neurology Learning Network. As a freelance writer she has bylines at LIVESTRONG.com, Everyday Health, and Cancer Treatment Cancers of America.
The New York Times has welcomed Brian De Los Santos as staff editor on the Home Team. He comes from CNN, where he handled the day-to-day programming of the homepage’s desktop audience. Prior to that, De Los Santos was an assistant editor at Mashable, where he wrote and edited stories on Internet trends and the digital innovations of sneaker culture.
Hunter Woodall has joined the Star Tribune as a reporter covering Minnesota's Congressional delegation and other Washington news. He was most recently a politics reporter at The Daily Beats and prior to that worked in the same capacity for the Associate Press.
MinnPost has hired Ashley Hackett as Washington correspondent. She was previously a technical writer at Federal Cybersecurity. She also spent the past two years as a freelance writer and her bylines have appeared in the Washington Post, The Lily, MarketWatch, the Better Government Association, and Pacific Standard.
The Record by Recorded Future has welcomed Catalin Cimpanu as cybersecurity reporter. He comes from ZDNet where he wrote stories on a range of cybersecurity topics. Prior to that, he was a news editor at Bleeping Computer and covered data breaches, software vulnerabilities, exploits, malware, hacking news, the Dark Web, and programming topics.
Fahmida Y. Rashid has joined VentureBeat as executive editor. She is veteran technology journalist with experience covering nearly every aspect of the technology industry with a focus on cybersecurity and privacy. Most recently, Rashid served as the senior managing editor of Decipher and covered cloud security and networking, application security, DevOps, and all the areas in between. Before that, she was a senior writer at IDG's CSO Online.
TechCrunch has added to two reporters:
- Rebecca Bellan has joined the staff as a reporter covering transportation. She focuses on startups and tech that help move bodies and goods, as well as micromobility, MaaS, EVs, AVs, policy, cities, mass transit, and more. Bellan has previously contributed to Forbes and CityLab.
- Aria Alamalhodaei is the new reporter covering energy and transportation. She has spent the past three years as a freelance writer at California Energy Markets and Murphy Digital.
Berber Jin has joined The Information as a reporter covering the intersection of finance and technology. Most recently, he worked for Business Insider as a startups/venture capital fellow. Before that, Jin completed an internship at Bloomberg News.
Insider has hired an editor and two reporters:
- Aaron Weinman has joined the staff as capital markets correspondent covering the top firms, power players, and personalities in the business of raising capital. He was most recently a senior correspondent at Refinitv.
- Danielle Walker is the new finance features reporter covering in-depth stories on Wall Street’s most powerful firms and people. She comes from Pensions & Investments where worked for three years.
- Stephanie Russell-Kraft has joined as legal editor overseeing coverage of the legal and professional services industries. She previously worked for Bloomberg Law as a special correspondent.
Bloomberg Tax & Accounting has hired Michael Rapoport as a senior reporter covering international tax issues. He was most recently a freelancer writer specializing in business and financial subjects and has written for Quartz, Business Insider, Institutional Investor, and Chicago Booth Review. Prior to that, he spent eight years at The Wall Street Journal.
Alexis Kramer has been promoted to deputy team lead of the health and benefits team at Bloomberg Industry Group and will focus on pharmaceuticals. She was most recently a senior content editor at Bloomberg and has been on staff since 2014.
Adweek has hired Mark Stenberg as media reporter. He comes from Business Insider where he covered entrepreneurs and the creator economy, including Patreon, Substack, OnlyFans, Cameo, and Twitch, and the people who use them.
Michelle Li will join KSDK-TV, the NBC station in St. Louis, as an anchor and reporter. She starts in April and will appear on the 10 p.m. newscast. She’ll also work as as a fill-in anchor. Li comes from sister station KING-TV in Seattle where she anchored mornings. Before that, she worked at WISC in Madison, Wisc., WECT in Wilmington, N.C., and KYTV in Springfield, Mo.
WHP-TV, the CBS station in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, has welcomed Samantha York as a reporter. She was most recently a reporter at WJC-TV in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, and before that she worked as a desk assistant at NBC's "Nightly News with Lester Holt."
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.