TIME magazine has welcomed Ayesha Javed as a senior editor; she is based in the London bureau. Javed comes from The Wall Street Journal, where she was most recently part of the WSJ Noted team. She joined The Journal in 2018 from The Telegraph, where she was a senior business reporter.
Rebecca Leber is the new senior reporter at Vox covering climate change. She spent the past four years at Mother Jones as a reporter on the climate and environment beat. Prior to that, Leber was a senior news editor at Grist and managed the outlet's political and news coverage. She has also worked for The New Republic and ThinkProgress.
Politico has announced a staff addition and several promotions:
- Eli Reyes has joined as editor and oversees the magazine's healthcare team. He was most recently a deputy editorial page editor at Newsday, where he helped supervise the newspaper’s editorial board.
- Ximena Bustillo is now food and agriculture policy reporter and also the author of the Morning Agriculture newsletter. She has been at Politico since 2020.
- Zach Warmbrodt has been named financial services editor. He has covered financial services for Politico since 2012, and his reporting focuses on Washington’s relationship with Wall Street and the broader finance industry, including banks, insurers and asset managers.
- John Yearwood has taken on a new role as global news editor on the World/National Security team. He was most recently the deputy editor, trade and agriculture, and has been at Politico since 2019.
- Reporter Alexandra Levine now covers privacy and data protection. She follows the push for rules governing the collecting, sharing and monetizing of Americans’ information — and tensions between what’s going on at the state, federal and international levels. Levine has been at Politico since 2019 and since then has covered intersection of technology, government and public policy, and authored Politico’s popular daily newsletter, Morning Tech.
TheStreet has hired Michael Bodley as editorial lead overseeing the new Crypto Investor newsletter. He was most recently a senior writer for Hedge Fund Alert and wrote about new funds, performance and personnel moves. Bodley has also previously served as a breaking news fellow at the San Francisco Chronicle and a business reporting intern at the Boston Globe.
Emmy-winning journalist Adrienne Bankert has joined NewsNation as an anchor and correspondent. She will start out in her new role by covering national affairs and delivering special reports across the news network’s prime-time weeknight broadcasts. Later in 2021, she will begin anchoring a new national newscast, as NewsNation continues to expand its programming to all time periods. Bankert was previously at ABC News for six years.
CNN has hired Natasha Bertrand as national security and White House reporter. She was most recently a White House correspondent for Politico and before that contributed to NBC News, and served as a staff writer at The Atlantic before that.
Insider has named Rachel Hosie senior health reporter, fitness and nutrition. She is based in the UK and writes a fitness and nutrition advice column, Working It Out; regularly interviews experts in the industry, from celebrity personal trainers to Olympic athletes; and also shares tips and tricks she has learned on her own health journey. Hosie was most recently a senior lifestyle reporter at the outlet and has been on staff since 2018.
The Strategist, New York Magazine's product reviews site, has announced multiple staff updates:
- Maxine Builder has been promoted to Strategist editor, upped from deputy editor. She has been on staff since 2017 when she joined as staff writer from Time Inc.
- Katy Schneider is now features editor and will lead the print Strategist section, edit print packages beyond the Strategist, and work closely with Curbed, while continuing to contribute ideas to the online Strategist. Schneider was previously a senior editor at the Strategist and first joined New York in 2014, as assistant to then-editor in chief Adam Moss.
- Simone Kitchens has joined the Strategist as a senior editor, and will focus on home, wellness, and travel. She comes from Goop, where was senior editor since 2019. Prior to that she worked as a senior editor at New York, working primarily on the print Strategist section.
- Liza Corsillo has been promoted to senior writer at the Strategist, upped from staff writer. She joined the staff in 2019 and before that worked at GQ.
- Louis Cheslaw has been promoted to associate editor at the Strategist. He was previously a writer and joined the staff in 2020. Before that he worked at Condé Nast Traveler.
- Daniel Varghese has joined the Strategist as an associate editor, also working across digital and print. He was previously a tech and lifestyle writer at GQ and before that associate staff writer at Wirecutter.
The Dallas Morning News has hired Natalie Walters as a business reporter and part of the newly created money beat. She was most recently an intern at the paper and recently graduated form Arizona State University with a master's degree in investigative journalism. Walters' background includes five years of reporting experience in New York at business news sites The Street, Business Insider and Motley Fool.
Hope King has joined Axios as a business reporter. She focuses on breaking stories at the nexus of capital markets, leadership, and emerging industries: Space, energy, mobility, and digital marketplaces. Most recently, King worked at Cheddar and before that spent time reporting for CNN and Business Insider prior to that.
American City Business Journal have named Ty West senior editor, national content. He is responsible for the growth and success of ACBJ’s national coverage of the real-world problems and opportunities that business owners and executives face in running their organizations. Most recently, West served as the editor in chief of Birmingham Business Journal for five years.
Protocol has hired two:
- Ben Brody has joined the staff as a senior reporter covering tech policy. He comes from Bloomberg News, where he spent six years, first as an intern and then as a breaking news reporter.
- Nick Statt will join the site in May as a video game industry reporter. He comes from The Verge, where he was a reporter and news editor since 2015.
Sunny Kim will join the CNBC Make It team June 1 as an associate producer. She has worked at CNBC for the past year and eight months in politics, breaking news, social media, and video. Kim graduated from the University of Texas at Austin in 2019.
WGN-TV in Chicago has welcomed Christine Flores as a digital content host. She provides regular news updates, anchoring extended breaking news coverage, and hosting special programming-all within the digital space. Most recently, Flores worked as Weigel Broadcasting in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, as a bilingual reporter, and before that spent two years at WAAY-TV in Huntsville, Alabama.
Malini Basu is the new reporter at WFAA-TV, the ABC station in Dallas. She comes from WFXT-TV in Boston, where she served as a fill-in anchor and reporter since 2015. Prior to that, Basu reported for KHOU-TV in Houston for three years.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.