Politico has hired Benjamin Din as technology reporter to write the "Morning Tech" newsletter. He was most recently an intern at the outlet covering politics and policy breaking news in Washington. Din has also previously interned at Bloomberg and The Wall Street Journal and is a 2018 journalism graduate from Northwestern University.
The Washington Free Beacon has added two investigative reporters:
- Chuck Ross has joined as senior investigative reporter. He previously spent eight years at The Daily Caller.
- Joe Simonson has also joined the paper as senior investigative reporter. He comes from Dow Jones newswires where he was a reporter since 2017.
S&P Global Market Intelligence has hired Jiayue (Cindy) Huang full-time as a financial institution reporter based in Hong Kong. She has covered Asian healthcare for S&P on a part-time basis since 2018, and before that worked as a reporter at Brightwire Inc.
Elliot Njus is now business and economy editor at The Oregonian. The promotion comes after Njus spent the past two years as the paper's news and podcasts editor, a position he has held since early 2019. Njus joined The Oregonian in June 2010 as a reporter and before that served as assistant city editor for the Columbia Missourian.
The Boston Business Journal has welcomed Grant Welker as special projects reporter focusing on data and research-driven publications. He joined the Business Journal from the Worcester Business Journal, where he covered Worcester County and MetroWest regions’ economic development, health care, retail, real estate, and business trends. Prior to that, Welker was a city reporter at The Sun in Lowell, Massachusetts.
CNN has added two to its Climate Team:
- John Keefe is the new senior data and visuals editor on the Climate Team. He is based in New York. Most recently, Keefe was graphics/multimedia editor at The New York Times and before that spent three years at Quartz, and 15 years at WNYC Public Radio before that.
- Angela Fritz has joined the staff in DC as senior climate editor. She was previously a deputy editor on the General Assignment Desk at The Washington Post and has been on staff at the paper since 2018.
Stephanie Chavez has been promoted to deputy editor, metro at the Los Angeles Times. In her new role, she will oversee the Times' expanding education coverage, leading a team of writers covering schools, community colleges, and universities, as they begin to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic. She has previously helped to launch the Times' "8 to 3" parenting and education newsletter and will work to develop coverage that better serves teachers, parents, students, and everyone in the education sphere.
The Washington Post has announced the return of Claire Parker, back in the Washington, DC, newsroom as editor of the Today's Worldview newsletter and an assistant editor at the foreign desk. After interning for the Post in 2019, she moved to Paris to cover foreign news with the Associated Press, and then spent a year freelancing in Tunisia, before returning to the U.S. and the Washington Post.
Former Nickelodeon actor Reed Alexander has joined Business Insider as a finance reporter, covering investment banks and young talent within Wall Street. With bylines in CNN, BBC, and Dow Jones, and a recent master's degree in journalism from Columbia University, he is thrilled to officially join the team at Insider.
The Atlanta Business Chronicle has brought on Donnell Suggs as a staff writer, covering commercial real estate and development. Previously, Suggs has written for the Southern Cross in Savannah, GA, and the Houston Home Journal in Perry, GA, as well as contributed to South Atlanta magazine, Atlanta Tribune magazine, Atlanta Daily World, and ESPN's The Undefeated.
Jackie Stewart, former managing editor for Credit Union Journal, is now the senior retirement editor for Kiplinger and Kiplinger's Retirement Report. She has also previously worked at American Banker as a deputy managing editor and community banking reporter.
Nylon has welcomed Sam Neibart as beauty editor. She comes to Nylon from Harper's Bazaar, where she was an associate beauty editor since 2020. Before that, Neibart spent five years at various Hearst publications and joined the company as a beauty assistant in 2015.
Elizabeth Bruenig will join The Atlantic at the end of May as a staff writer covering the intersection of politics, religion, and culture. She is currently an opinion writer for The New York Times’s editorial page. Before joining the Times in early 2020, Bruenig was at The Washington Post, where she worked as an assistant editor and later joined the Post’s Opinion section as a columnist.
Insider has added two additional staff:
- Ryan Joe has joined the staff as advertising industry editor. He was most recently the managing editor of AdExchanger and before that served as senior editor at the outlet. Joe has also previously worked at Direct Marketing News as senior editor and news editor.
- Justin Rood is the new investigative correspondent at Insider. He was most recently a director of the Congressional Oversight Initiative, whose mission is to improve and enhance Congress's ability to conduct effective oversight and investigations by providing training, advice, and other assistance.
William Feuer has joined the New York Post as a general assignment business reporter. He was most recently a health and science writer for CNBC covering regulatory matters within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the intersection of public health and business. Before that, Feuer served as the managing editor of the Michigan Journal of International Affairs.
Technical.ly has hired Michaela Althouse as a lead reporter. She leads coverage of technology careers, growing businesses and the changing economy in D.C. and the surrounding metro area. Most recently, Althouse reported on renewable energy for New Project Media, and before that served as an editorial fellow at Washingtonian Magazine.
FierceBiotech has hired an editor and a reporter:
- Annalee Armstrong is the new senior editor covering biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and medical equipment. She was most recently an associate editor for S&P Global Market Intelligence.
- Kyle LaHuick has joined the staff as a reporter. He was previously a reporter at Mergermarket and reported on venture capital- and private equity-backed tech, digital health, and SaaS companies.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.