Joshua Rothkopf has joined Entertainment Weekly as senior editor, movies. In his new role, he organizes and edits the title's movies section, movies features and digital movies content. Rothkopf was previously the global deputy film editor and film critic at Time Out New York.
Who What Wear has added two associate beauty editors:
- Shawna Hudson has joined the staff from Dotdash, where she served as lifestyle commerce editor for a little over a year.
- Katie Berohn has joined the WWW team from Hears Magazine, where she was a beauty assistant at Good Housekeeping, Woman's Day, and Prevention since early 2020.
Victoria Christie is a new staff writer at Girlboss; she is based in Toronto, Canada. She was most recently a digital editor for Canadian House & Home, and before that spent a year at Flare Magazine as an intern. Christie has also freelanced for The Kit, Bonjibon, Toronto Star, FASHION, Flare, Slice, The Globe & Mail, and CBC Life.
The New York Times has named three new cooking columnists:
- Yewande Komolafe will write a monthly column for the Food section, where she will write about home cooking and offer recipes. She joined the staff as a cooking writer in February 2021, after a few years as a freelancer for Cooking and Food.
- Genevieve Ko will also write a monthly column for the Food section focused on home cooking and recipes. She is also a senior editor in the Food department and the author of multiple cookbooks. Ko joined The Times in 2020 from the Los Angeles Times.
- Eric Kim will write a column for the Sunday magazine. He joined the team in February 2021 and was previously a digital manager at Food Network and a senior editor at Food52.
The New York Times has also announced two additions to its newsletter staff and one to its Mornings operations:
- Susannah Meadows has moved over as a full-time senior staff editor to the newsletters team. She has been a contracted editor on the culture vertical since August. She is a former senior writer and politics editor for Newsweek, and she has contributed regularly to The Times as a writer since 2002.
- David Swerdlick has joined the newsletter team as senior staff editor. He comes to The Times from The Washington Post’s Outlook section and before that he was a writer and editor at The Root.
- Amy Fiscus has joined The Morning’s team to oversee the launch of The Times's new weekend editions in coming months and will help lead the entire Morning operation. She has been with the paper since 2017 and was most recently the national security editor and a deputy Washington bureau chief. Before joining The Times, Fiscus was an editor for the Los Angeles Times’ Washington bureau, The Associated Press and newspapers in Missouri, Connecticut, and North Carolina.
Michelle L. Price has moved to the New York bureau of The Associated Press as a political reporter. Most recently, she served in the same capacity at the Las Vegas bureau of the AP and has been with the newswire for more than a decade.
The Los Angeles Times has named Leila Miller new Mexico City correspondent. She has been a reporter at the paper since 2018 and She was part of the team that was a 2020 Pulitzer finalist for its coverage of the Conception boat fire off the Channel Islands. Before the LA Times, Miller spent a year at PBS' "Frontline."
Laura Barrero is the new reporter at Axios Charlotte focusing on news and lifestyle stories about things that matter to Charlotte readers, from new restaurants to neighborhoods to big breaking news. Most recently, Barrero was a news producer for WBTV in Charlotte and before that held similar posts at WWSB-TV in Sarasota, Florida, and PBS – WRUF-TV in Gainesville, Florida.
Insider has promoted Caroline Hroncich to assistant managing editor. She was most recently the careers editor at Business Insider and has been on staff since 2019. Prior to that, Hroncich worked for SourceMedia editing Employee Benefit News and Employee Benefit Adviser.
Rachel Schallom Lobdell has been promoted to editorial director of Fortune digital, upped from digital editor. She has been at the magazine for two years and has as led Fortune's coverage of COVID-19 and the 2020 election (and its aftermath), as well as the 40U40 franchise, propelling it to new heights digitally. Prior to joining Fortune, Schallom Lobdell was a managing editor at VICE Media.
Forbes has welcomed an editor and a reporter:
- Jena McGregor has joined the staff as senior editor, careers and leadership covering workplace, careers and leadership issues. She spent the past 11 years at the Washington Post as a reporter and covered workplace trends, gender and diversity topics and other business-related news. Prior to that, McGregor was an associate editor at Businessweek and Fast Company.
- Derek Saul has joined Forbes as a breaking news reporter. He spent the last five months as an editorial intern at the magazine and part of the Top Colleges team. Saul is a 2021 graduate of Duke University and was part of the editorial team of the student newspaper, the Duke Chronicle.
Logan Moore has joined Barron's as retail reporter. He comes to the magazine from the Jacksonville Business Journal, where he was a banking and finance reporter for a year. Prior to that, Moore had a brief stint at The Wall Street Journal as investing reporter.
Bloomberg News has added two reporters to its London bureau:
- William Louch has joined the bureau as an investing reporter. He was previously at The Wall Street Journal and covered private equity. Louch has also reported for The Parliament Magazine.
- Archie Hunter has joined the bureau as an agriculture reporter covering coffee, sugar, and cocoa. He was most recently a metals editor at Fastmarkets and before that served as a global copper editor at Media Bulletin.
The Observer has welcomed Isabella Simonetti as a reporter covering technology and the creator economy. Most recently, she was most an intern at Bloomberg News and has previously interned at Her Money, Vox, the New York Post and the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Karishma Vanjani is the new markets reporter for Barron's online covering the biggest developments of the day and impact of China banning crypto or the meme stock mania. Most recently, she was an M&A reporter for P&E Hub and before that she was a freelance reporter at New York City News Service.
Fortune has promoted Kristen Bellstrom to executive editor, upped from features editor. She has been at the magazine since 2015 when she joined as the lead writer of the Broadsheet newsletter. In her new role, Bellstrom will continue to expand Fortune's digital features desk and take on a bigger role in overseeing in planning and overseeing the core editorial franchises and print magazine issues.
Bowdeya Tweh has been named deputy bureau chief for corporate coverage at The Wall Street Journal. Most recently, he was the Journal's Spot News editor and oversaw the breaking business and finance news team. Tweh has been at the paper since 2017 and before that he served as the business editor of the Cincinnati Enquirer.
Julio Vaqueiro has been named the new anchor of “Noticias Telemundo” broadcasting weekdays at 6:30 p.m. ET. Vagueiro previously anchored Noticias Telemundo’s late-night weekday newscast at 11:35 p.m. and has been at the network since 2017. Before that, he was an anchor at KVEA-TV in California.
Stephania Jimenez has joined KSAT-TV, the San Antonio ABC affiliate, as an anchor on the 10 p.m. newscast. She comes from WCAU-TV in Philadelphia, where she was a weekend morning anchor. Before that, she worked at KRIS in Corpus Christi, Texas, WVIT in West Hartford, Conn. and KTSM in El Paso, Texas.
Cumulus Media talk radio WLS Chicago has named Bret Gogoel executive producer of “The John Howell Show." He has been serving as a technical producer, fill-in producer and podcast manager at WLS since 2018. Before that, he was the play-by-play announcer for the Windy City Bulls.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes thousands of media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.