October 03, 2019
Media Moves US,
/ by Anna Marevska
After three months on the Consumer Team covering restaurants and retail as an intern, Olivia Rockeman has joined the Breaking News division of Bloomberg as a full-time reporter of data-driven news. She is a recent graduate of University of California-Davis and has spent the past three years at The California Aggie, Cal-Davis’s student newspaper.
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel has recruited Sam Roe as investigations editor to lead the investigative reporting efforts of the Journal Sentinel and USA Today Network-Wisconsin. Roe is a Pulitzer prize-winning investigative reporter, who spent the last two decades at the Chicago Tribune.
Carmen Arroyo Nieto has joined Power Finance & Risk in New York as Latin America reporter. She covers project finance and M&A news in the Latin America power and renewable energy industries. Arroyo Nieto has previously worked in communications at PwC and as a reporter for the United Nations’ Inter Press Service.
Block Club Chicago, the independent, non-profit news site covering Chicago’s neighborhoods, has added two new reporters:
· Pascal Sabino has joined the staff covering the North Lawndale and Austin neighborhoods. He is former environmental editor for the nonprofit Free Spirit Media.
· Maxwell Evans has joined the staff as a reporter covering the Hyde Park, Woodlawn and South Shore neighborhoods. He has previously worked for the State News and the Capital News Service in East Lansing, Michigan.
Several months after the exit of “Stylz & Roman” WUSN-FM country radio in Chicago has revamped its morning lineup and debuted “Jason & Katie” airing weekdays from 5:30 to 10 a.m.:
· Jason Pullman has joined as co-host. He previously anchored mornings at iHeartRadio country WUBL in Atlanta for 10 years, prior to his January exit. He has also hosted the PM drive at KYSR in Los Angeles and served as voice-over talent for CBS TV.
· Katie Bright has joined as co-host. She was most recently the national director of promotion at Warner Music Nashville and has previously worked in the sales department at WUSN and has morning experience at WSIX in Nashville.
· Scotty Kay has joined Pullman and Bright as co-host. He is a former morning host at KLIF in Dallas, and has also previously worked as nighttime personality and music director at iHeartMedia Top 40 WKSC in Chicago, where he was known as “Special K.”
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Jobs: You can search and advertise a range of vacancies with us, whether it's a permanent, contract or freelance position.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Media Moves US
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.
1-877-297-8912from 8 AM - 5 PM CT