April 17, 2019
/ by Anna Marevska
The Nation has named D.D. Guttenplan the next editor, effective June 15. He is currently editor at large of the magazine and will succeed Katrina vanden Heuvel, who will become editorial director and remain publisher. Guttenplan is a longtime editor and writer for The Nation and has been on staff since 1997. He covered the 2016 presidential campaign, and in 2015 co-edited The Nation’s 150th anniversary special issue and wrote The Nation: A Biography. He is also the author of American Radical: The Life and Times of I.F. Stone, about The Nation’s former Washington correspondent.
Miriam Kramer has joined Axios as a space reporter and covers the innovations and advancements in the science, technology, business and politics of space. She also authors the new Axios Space Newsletter which launched April 9. Kramer comes from Mashable where she most recently served as the assistant science editor and senior space reporter.
CNBC Make It has announced the addition of three new money reporters:
· Alexandria White has joined the staff as a money reporter, focused on credit cards. She comes from LendingTree, where she began as a credit card intern before working her way up to credit card writer in December 2017, responsible for creating credit-related content across the company’s entire portfolio.
· Alicia Adamczyk has joined the CNBC Make It team as a money reporter. Prior to that, she was a personal finance writer for Lifehacker. Before that, Alicia spent nearly three years at Money.com where she was a reporter, writing health and personal finance stories, and co-host of the publication’s weekly Facebook live show, This Week in Money. She began her journalism career as a business/lifestyle reporter for Forbes.
· Anna Hecht has joined the team as a money reporter, covering credit cards. Most recently, she was a commerce editor for CNN Digital, where she was a founding member of CNN’s first-ever commerce site, CNN Underscored. She has also worked for InStyle and Lucky.
Scott Robson has been tapped by the Los Angeles Business Journal as its new editor. He was most recently the VP of content operations at Nielsen and before that spent two years at Yahoo! Entertainment where he served as editor in chief. Robson has also worked for MTV Networks as a VP of NextMovie and Film.com.
WDZH-FM radio in Detroit, Michigan, has welcomed back Sandy Kovach as a late-night host of “The Breeze After Hours,” on-air weekdays from 7 p.m. to midnight. Kovach comes from Cumulus Media where she served as a host. From 1990 through 2009 she worked for CBS Radio at WVMV-FM, WLLZ-FM and WOMV-FM and held various positions including host, public affairs director, and news director among others.
Evan Onstot has joined KOCO-TV, the ABC station in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, as a weekday evening anchor on the 5 and 10 p.m. newscasts. He was previously an anchor at KSEE-TV in Fresno, California, KLBK-TV in Lubbock, Texas, and KSVI-TV in Billings, Montana.
KGO-AM news talk radio in San Francisco has revamped its weekday lineup with the addition of three new shows:
· Mark Thompson has rejoined the station and is on-air for the 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. timeslot. He replaces Ethan Bearman, who left the station in March. He previously hosted at KABC and KFI in Los Angeles and has also spent years in television as a weatherman and reality host.
· Pat Thurston has moved to weekdays as a host of the 12 – 3 p.m. timeslot. She has hosted weekends at the station since 2007, and before that worked as an anchor at KPIX-FM.
· John Rothman has returned to the daily lineup from 6 – 9 p.m. as a host. He most recently served as a political analyst and host on KKSF-AM and has previously worked for KGO-AM off and on since 1996.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Media Moves US
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.
1-877-297-8912from 8 AM - 5 PM CT