The Washington Post has unveiled “Launcher,” a new section focusing on video gaming, esports competitions and gaming culture. The section debuted October 15 and features analysis into the people, companies, teams and trends that comprise the gaming industry. The Post has appointed the following staff to report and edit the section:
- Michael Hume is the editor of the section. He is also the national sports editor for The Post and has been on staff since 2014. Hume has previously worked for ESPN Insider.
- Gene Park is a reporter for the section and covers video games, online gaming, esports and their cultures. He was most recently the embedded audience editor and joined The Post in 2015.
- Jhaan Elker is a video producer for “Launcher.” He most recently covered technology on the Business desk and has been on staff since 2013.
- Mikhail Klimentov will join the site as an editor and starts October 28. He comes from Atlantic 57, The Atlantic’s digital consultancy, where he was an associate editor. Klimentov has contributed to Five/Seven, Atlantic 57’s weekly newsletter on digital media.
- Elise Favis has joined “Launcher” as a reporter. She was most recently with Game Informer and spent the last three years as an associate editor.
Fola Akinnibi has joined Bloomberg News as a reporter. He was previously a pensions reporter at FundFire, a Financial Times publication, since May 2017. Akinnibi has also previously worked at Law360 for three years.
The Los Angeles Times has recruited Anousha Sakoui as a reporter covering the entertainment industry beat. She starts November 1. Sakouli is currently wrapping up her duties as a reporter at Bloomberg News. She joined the newswire in 2014 to cover Hollywood and has since reported on the business of film and entertainment.
New York Times reporter Elian Peltier has relocated to the London bureau to cover breaking news on weekdays and weekends. He has spent the last two years at the paper’s Paris bureau handling investigative stories and scoops. Prior to that, he briefly freelanced for The Times, and before that served as a summer intern at Vice News Tonight.
Elana Schor has been named national reporter, religion and politics at the Associated Press. She joined the AP’s national politics team in 2018 and before that spent four years at Politico covering science politics and energy. Schor has also held reporting jobs at The Guardian and The Hill.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.