The New York Times has announced a promotion and a beat change:
- Douglas Schorzman will move to the international desk to take over the deputy international editor role effective February 2020. Currently, he holds the role of deputy Asia editor based in the Hong Kong bureau.
- Liam Stack has shifted from the Express desk where he covered religion, gender and sexuality to the Metro desk to cover the same beats. He has been with The Times since 2011 covering Arab Springs in the New York Times Cairo Bureau.
Katherine Bell has taken over the editor in chief role for Quartz, effective Jan. 6. In her new role, she will work to drive coverage of the new global economy through key players. Previously, she held the role of editor in chief for Barron's and top digital editor for Harvard Business Review.
Business Insider has hired three reporters:
- Joseph Zeballos-Roig has joined the outlet as policy reporter. He will cover economics focusing specifically on taxes and federal spending. In addition, he will oversee policy ideas in relation to the 2020 elections.
- Ben Winck has joined Business Insider as markets reporter. His coverage will include the investing landscape like stock market moves, central bank policy, quarterly earnings, and research. Previously, he was a reporter for Crain's Chicago Business.
- Juliana Kaplan has joined Business Insider as an associate editor. She will cover book excerpts and coverage. Previously, she held the role of editorial fellow for six months with Business Insider.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.