The New York Times has reorganized its Op-Ed section and has announced the following staff updates:
- John Broder is now a senior editor at Op-Ed overseeing politics coverage. He was most recently a general Op-Ed editor and before that served as climate staff editor.
- Jyoti Thottam is now a senior editor leading coverage on business and technology for the Op-Ed page. She was most recently a business and economics editor for The Times and has been on staff since 2018.
- Alicia Wittmeyer has been named senior editor at Op-Ed and handles culture coverage. She spent the past three years as The Times’s gender editor. Before that, she worked for Foreign Policy magazine as Europe editor.
- Nick Fox is now a senior editor leading coverage on science for the Op-Ed team. He was previously a deputy editor at the paper and has been on staff since 1995.
Molly Stout has joined InStyle as executive editor for all digital platforms. She was most recently the pop culture director at Cosmopolitan and before that worked at Refinery29 initially as a senior entertainment editor and eventually as the entertainment director.
The New Yorker has promoted two:
- Deirdre Foley-Mendelssohn has been promoted to deputy editor, upped from senior editor. She has been with the magazine since 2016 and before that had a brief stint at The California Sunday Magazine as executive editor. She has also worked as Harper’s Bazaar as senior editor.
- Monica Racic is the new digital director, a newly created role. She was most recently a director of production and multimedia and has been on staff since 2008.
The Philadelphia Inquirer has welcomed Jamila Robinson as the food editor. She comes from Atlantic 57, where she served as editorial director for a year. Prior to that, she was a content strategist for Asbury Park Press and before that spent almost a decade at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Sharman Sacchietti has joined WCVB-TV, the ABC station in Boston to cover the presidential election and all related election content as a political reporter. She was previously a political reporter for WHDH-TV in Boston, where she spent 12 years covering city, state and national politics.
KMOV-TV, the CBS affiliate in St. Louis, Missouri, has promoted Paige Hulsey to weekend anchor. She was most recently a reporter at the station and has been on staff since 2016. Prior to that, Hulsey was a morning news anchor for WAOW-TV in Wausau, Wisconsin.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
For commentary and coverage on the intersection of journalism, emerging media and blogging, visit Cision’s Beyond Bylines blog.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.