The Associated Press as announced the addition of two journalists to its Race & Ethnicity team:
- Katrease Stafford has joined the AP as a reporter covering national race and ethnicity with a sharp focus on the 2020 campaign. She is based in the Detroit bureau. She was previously an investigative reporter at the Detroit Free Press, focused on covering inequities and city government.
- Aaron Morrison has joined the staff as a writer, focusing on criminal justice while also writing about larger themes of race and its intersection with newsworthy topics like sports, entertainment and government policy. Morrison was most recently a senior reporter at The Appeal and before that covered race, social inequity, policing, and criminal justice as a senior writer for the now-defunct Mic site.
Ryan Tarinelli has joined The New York Law Journal as a reporter covering the Statehouse and courts in the state of New York. He was most recently a temporary writer for the Associated Press and covered legislature, crime and law enforcement in Texas and Nevada. Before that, Tarinelli spent almost three years at the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette as a crime reporter.
GIE Media’s Cannabis Group, publisher of Cannabis Business Times, Cannabis Dispensary, Cannabis Conference and Hemp Grower, has announced two new hires and a promotion:
- Patrick Williams joined the Cannabis Group as senior editor for Cannabis Business Times and Cannabis Dispensary. He joined GIE Media in 2017 and worked as the associate editor and senior editor for sister publications Greenhouse Management and Produce Grower. Prior to that, Williams was a freelance writer for B2B and consumer media and an editorial intern on GIE Media’s Golf Course Industry magazine.
- Theresa Bennett has joined the Cannabis Group as an associate editor for Hemp Grower and Cannabis Business Times magazines after working for GIE Media’s Recycling Group of magazines since 2018. Before that, Bennett was the K-12 education reporter for the Akron Beacon Journal.
- Melissa Schiller has been promoted from assistant digital editor to senior digital editor for Cannabis Business Times and Cannabis Dispensary. She joined the Cannabis Group in June 2017, and previously worked as an audience development associate for GIE Media’s Ornamental Group of publications, where she managed the circulation for Cannabis Business Times, Garden Center, Nursery Management and Greenhouse Management magazines.
Oklahoma State University’s news talk radio KOSU-FM has promoted interim director Rachel Hubbard to executive director. She has been with the station since 1999 when she joined as a student reporter. She eventually moved up the ranks to state capitol reporter, news director, and associate director before being named interim director in 2019 after Kelly Burley’s retirement.
Jim Louth has been promoted to assistant program director for WBZ-FM sports radio in Boston. He replaces Rick Radzik, who was promoted PD. Louth was most recently a producer for the “Zolak and Bernard” midday show and has been with the station since 2009 when he joined to help The Sports Hub. Before that, he was a production assistant at ESPN Radio.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.