Bloomberg News has announced multiple staff updates across the global organization:
- Catarina Saraiva has taken over as bureau chief in Dallas. She was most recently an Eco team reporter focusing the Fed and labor market, beats she will continue exploring as bureau chief. She will guide the bureau as it chronicles the airline and other industries’ long recovery from the Covid-19 recession. Saraiva joined Bloomberg in 2009 as foreign exchange reporter.
- Shelly Banjo has been promoted to bureau chief overseeing the bureaus in New York and Princeton, New Jersey. She was most recently a tech reporter guiding coverage on the rise of TikTok and has been on staff since 2005.
- Tom Hancock has joined the Beijing bureau as a senior reporter covering the China economy. He spent the past four years at the Financial Times covering the consumer and leisure industries in China, and before that worked at Agence France-Presse.
- Nabila Ahmed, who is currently a deals reporter in New York, will join the Asia finance team in the Sydney bureau as a reporter covering banking and investing in Australia. She will join the team in January 2021. Ahmed has been at Bloomberg since 2015.
- Sergio Chapa has joined the Houston bureau as a reporter covering natural gas markets and liquefied natural gas. Prior to that, he was an energy reporter for the Houston Chronicle and covered oil and gas service companies, midstream, the LNG industry and Mexico's energy reforms.
Edward Russell will join Skift mid-December as an airlines reporter and writer of the Airline Weekly newsletter. He was most recently a senior airlines reporter at The Points Guy and has also previously worked as an editor at FlightGlobal and a columnist for NYCAviation.com.
Joe Williams has joined Protocol as a senior reporter covering enterprise software. He comes from Business Insider where he spent the past year as a senior reporter covering artificial intelligence, cloud computing, and other advanced technology, with a focus on how companies are managing their own digital transformations. Williams has also reported for Yahoo Finance, Insider, The Toronto Star, Fox Business, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Business Insider Australia, The Charlotte Observer, Boston Herald, Washington Examiner and other publications.
CNN Business has brought on Chiamaka Ofulue as a freelance digital associate producer. She comes from CNN where she served as a news associate for a year and helped produce the nightly COVID-19 memorials for "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer." She was also a freelance teleprompter operator for RT, and a former field production intern for CNN.
Tom Hanson has joined KELO-TV, the dual CBS/MyNetworkTV-affiliated television station licensed to Sioux Falls, South Dakota, as an anchor of the midday and 5 p.m. shows. He was previously at KDLT-TV, the NBC/Fox station in Sioux Falls, for two decades and has taken home the Tom Brokaw Award, the Upper Midwest Emmys Silver Circle and the Edward R. Murrow Award.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.