Conde Nast has announced that Versha Sharma is the new editor in chief of Teen Vogue. Her appointment takes effect on May 24. In her new role, Sharma will lead Teen Vogue’s editorial vision and content creation across all platforms. She was most recently the managing editor and senior correspondent of NowThis and oversaw daily news, politics and culture content across digital, video and social platforms, in addition to directing U.S. election coverage over four election cycles.
Marielle Bobo is the new editor in chief and senior vice president of programming at Ebony. She comes from AC Brands, where she was most recently the editorial director and content strategist. Prior to that, Bobo was the fashion director for Essence, print and online, and spearheaded the launch of the brand's global Fashion House event series for Black creatives in fashion.
The Los Angeles Times has named Kevin Merida executive editor. He succeeds Norman Pearlstine who was The Times’ executive editor until December 2020. Merida comes to the LA Times from ESPN, where he has served as a senior vice president at ESPN and editor in chief of The Undefeated, the multimedia platform that explores the intersections of race, sports and culture, since November 2015. During his tenure at ESPN, he also oversaw the Investigative/News Enterprise unit, the television shows “E:60” and “Outside the Lines,” and chaired ESPN’s Editorial Board.
Olivia Raimonde has moved Bloomberg's Corporate Finance team and covers private credit and direct lending. She has been at the wire service since January 2020 and has since been on rotation covering cross-asset markets, oil and health, and has also worked as a producer for Bloomberg TV's “Bloomberg Surveillance." In late 2019, Raimonde completed an internship at CNBC.
Axios has hired two editors and a reporter:
- Tina Reed is the new healthcare editor. She comes from Fierce Healthcare, where she served as executive editor since 2018.
- Kate Marino has joined the staff as business editor. She was most recently the managing editor, North America Corporates at Debtwire and had been on staff at the outlet since 2007.
- Megan Farokhmanesh has joined Axios as gaming reporter and writes the site's first gaming newsletter, Axios Gaming. She was most recently a reporter at The Verge and reported in internet culture and the video game industry.
Vishal Persaud has joined Insider as startups and venture capital editor; he is based in Seattle. Persaud spent the past year as the editor of venture capital and technology at Pitchbook Data, and before that spent five years at Bloomberg News as breaking news editor.
MarketWatch has welcomed back Catey Hill, this time as commerce editor. She will spearhead coverage that helps readers make smarter decisions about what to buy. Hill comes from Meredith Corp, where she spent the past year as the executive editor of Millie, a personal finance publication. Before that, she was a deputy editor and senior content strategist at MarketWatch.
The New York Post has hired two reporters:
- Conor Skelding has joined the paper as Sunday news reporter. He was most recently a reporter at Reorg and before that reported for Politico New York.
- Theo Wayt has joined the staff as a reporter covering technology news. He comes from The Academic Times, a higher education startup, where he was a senior reporter for business, economics, and social sciences. Wayt has also previously reported for the Associated Press, NBC News, Vice, Gothamist and Business Insider.
The Wall Street Journal has welcomed David Carnevali as a venture capital reporter on the Pro desk. He spent the past three months at the Financial Times as a US equities correspondent in New York, and before that was a senior editor at Reorg spearheading the creation of a new breaking news platform.
Polo Rocha has joined America Banker as a reporter. He comes from S&P Global Markets, where he spent four years writing primarily about the Federal Reserve Board. Before that, Rocha was a reporter at WisPolitics.com and WisBusiness.com.
Barron's has tapped Andrew Welsch as a reporter covering financial advisors, wealth management firms and regulation. He was most recently the managing editor of Financial Planning and before that served as senior editor for On Wall Street, and as a reporter for the New York City News Services before that.
The New York Times has announced several moves and promotions across the newsroom in the US and abroad:
- Jim Dao has been promoted to Metro editor, upped from education editor. He came to The Times in the early nineties as a general assignment reporter on Metro, before moving to Albany to cover the final term of Gov. Mario Cuomo. Since then he has held multiple editorial positions at the paper, including national correspondent, deputy national editor and op-ed editor.
- Bill Brink has taken on a senior editor role in London. He was most recently a deputy on the Politics desk and has been at The Times for four decades.
- Yara Bayoumy has joined as the new world and national security editor for Opinion. Most recently, she was deputy international editor at NPR and a senior editor at The Atlantic before that.
- John Eligon has moved to International to be the new Johannesburg bureau chief. Most recently, he served as national correspondent covering race and inequality in the US. Eligon joined The Times in 2005 and spent his first two years on Sports before going to Metro.
Politico and PoliticoPro tech reporter Cristiano Lima now covers content moderation, online speech and new rules for social media. His new beat also includes how social media platforms handle hateful content and misinformation, as well as algorithms and digital advertising. Lima has been at Politico since 2016.
Ivan Levingston has moved to the London bureau of Bloomberg News and covers European technology. He was most recently a reporter for Bloomberg in Israel and covered economics and government. Levingston has been at the newswire since 2017.
The Los Angeles Business Journal has hired Pat Maio as a reporter covering finance. He is a longtime reporter in Southern California has held jobs with the San Diego Union-Tribune, Orange County Register, and the Dow Jones News Service.
Tracy Brown has been promoted to chief content officer of the Chicago Public Media news radio station WBEZ-FM. She succeeds Steve Edwards. Brown joined WBEZ in 2019 as managing editor and has previously worked as deputy managing editor of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and as an editor at the Dallas Morning News.
WSFL-TV, the CW station in Miami, has announced several anchor changes:
- Louis Aguirre, who currently anchors WPLG-TV’s 4:30 and 5:30 p.m. weekday newscasts, will shift to co-anchoring the 10 p.m. news on WSFL beginning June 1.
- Eden Checkol will join the station as a co-anchor of the 10 p.m. news on June 1. She is currently wrapping up her duties as an anchor/reporter for WISN-TV in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- On weekends, Sanela Sabovic and Layron Livingston will anchor the 10 p.m. newscast.
KKTV-TV, the CBS station in Colorado Springs, has announced a couple of anchor updates:
- Adam Atchison has moved to evenings and anchors the evening news. He was most recently a morning news anchor at the station and has been on staff since 2018.
- Mark McPherson has joined the station as a morning news anchor replacing Atchison. McPherson was most recently a weekend anchor and reporter at WDTJ-TV in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Caroline Peters has joined KOAA-TV, the NBC station in Pueblo, Colorado, as a morning reporter. She comes from WTRF-TV in Wheeling, Ohio, where she was a sports anchor/reporter for three years. Prior to that, Peters was a sports reporter and ESPNU campus correspondent for WVU News, an Emmy-Award winning newscast at West Virginia University.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.