TIME magazine has announced multiple staff promotions and coverage updates, all part of the expansion of its Business Team:
- Emma Barker has been promoted to business and technology editor. She has been a senior editor since she joined TIME in 2018. Before that, Barker was a features editor for Cosmopolitan online.
- Peter Allen Clark has also been promoted to business and technology editor. He spent the past three years as news editor and joined TIME in 2018 from Global Ground Media.
- Reporter Megan McCluskey now focuses on the business of social media and the intersection of internet-culture and fandom. Her new beat includes coverage of important developments and trends in social media industry - including at companies such as Facebook (Instagram and WhatsApp), Twitter, TikTok, Parler, Reddit and others. McCluskey has been at TIME since 2015.
- Raisa Bruner now focuses on how Generation Z influences business, commerce, and the workplace, deeply covering of the role young people are playing to transform the way businesses operate. She joined TIME in 2016 as a viral news reporter.
- Columnist Patrick Lucas Austin will cover all aspects of technology, as well as transportation with a special focus over the next year on energy transition. He joined TIME in 2018 after a brief stint at Gizmodo.
- Editor at large Belinda Luscombe will write big narratives, profiles and investigations about large shifts and trends in the world of business. She is a veteran TIME staffer and joined the magazine in 1998 as senior editor.
Kevin Whitelaw, current deputy managing editor at Bloomberg News in Washington, D.C., has been named bureau chief of the Brussels Bureau and will relocate to Belgium later this summer. Whitelaw joined Bloomberg in 2016 as the Congress team leader and before that worked at Congressional Quarterly, National Public Radio and U.S. News and World Report.
Bradford William Davis has joined Insider as a reporter on the Investigations Team. He comes from the New York Daily News where he spent the last two years as a sports columnist. Before that, William Davis worked at HBO as a digital content coordinator for "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel." He has also managed editorial promotion for all VICE News programming.
Edward "Teddy" Farkas has joined CNBC as segment producer of "Squawk on the Street" and "TechCheck." He comes from Fox Business Network, where most recently he served as associate producer and backup line producer for the business and politics morning program.
VICE Media has named Michael Learmonth editor in chief of "Vice News Tonight," upped from editorial director. He joined VICE in 2016 as part of the team that relaunched VICE News in the summer of 2016. Before that, Learmonth was the managing editor of the International Business Times, chief content officer at Internet Week NY + Europe, and deputy managing editor at Advertising Age.
- Kerry Howley has joined the magazine as features writer and will write features and short form across print and digital. Howley has previously contributed to New York Magazine as well as to numerous publications including TIME, Politico, and The New York Times. She also has worked as an assistant professor at the University of Iowa's Nonfiction Writing Program.
- Ryu Spaeth has joined as deputy editor of Intelligencer. He spent the past five years at The New Republic as an editor and produced articles and features for the web and the magazine. Before that, Spaeth was an editor at The Week.
- Justin Miller has joined Intelligencer as news director, a new role in which he’ll manage the site’s coverage of breaking-news events and enterprise reporting. He has been working as Intelligencer’s interim politics editor since fall 2020 and helped direct the site’s coverage of the 2020 election. Before that he spent five years as an editor at the Daily Beast.
Pranshu Verma has joined The Boston Globe in Washington as technology reporter. He was previously a reporter and David Rosenbaum fellow at the D.C. bureau of The New York Times, and covered the State Department, Transportation Department, and economic sanctions.
Tampa Bay Business Journal has promoted Ashley Gurbal Kritzer to real estate editor. She will oversee all real estate and economic development coverage and will continue to write and report deal news throughout Tampa Bay. Gurbal Kritzer has been with American City Business Journals since 2010 and joined the Tampa edition in 2014 to cover real estate and retail in the greater Tampa Bay metro area.
Sarah Klearman is set to join the San Francisco Business Times June 3 as a reporter covering commercial real estate. She comes from the Napa Valley Register, where she reported on the business of wine and related agriculture in Napa Valley. Prior to that, Klearman was a features intern at The Cape Cod Times.
National Mortgage News has welcomed Spencer Lee as a reporter. He spent the past few years freelancing for Straus News, Times of Entrepreneurship, and Times Square Investment Journal and reported on urban and business topics. Lee has also previously interned at Skift and WNYC New York Public Radio.
Giovanni Colantonio has joined Digital Trends as associate gaming editor. He previously freelanced for G/O Media and contributed gaming and tech articles to The Inventory and Kinja Deals. Colantonio has also previously served as head of content and social media and Left Trigger Right Trigger, a video producer at Gray Hour Media, and a segment producer at Vox Media.
KDVR/KWGN-TV, the Fox/CW affiliate in Denver, Colorado, has welcomed Katie Orth as a morning news anchor. She was most recently an evening anchor at KMID-TV in Midland, Texas, and before that served as a journalist and fill-in anchor at KIDY-TV in San Antonio.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.