ELLE has promoted Rose Minutaglio to senior editor writing and editing features for both ELLE and ELLE.com. Her new role also includes executing special projects, driving readership around breaking news, and planning coverage for major world events She was previously a staff writer at the title and joined the staff in 2019 after two years as a features editor at Hearst.
Shauna Beni has been named commerce editor at Teen Vogue, and will cover fashion, beauty, and wellness and will oversee all the shopping editorial content at Teen Vogue. She was previously an associate commerce editor at Prevention and an associate beauty editor at Skincare.com and Makeup.com.
Politico States has promoted Darius Dixon to deputy managing editor. With his new expanded role, the Cannabis and Education teams will now report up to Dixon, who has been at Politico since 2010. Most recently, he was an associate editor on States, a role he took in 2019.
PEOPLE has hired Hedy Phillips as style editor, and will handle fashion and beauty news and features. She previously worked as a freelance journalist and has contributed to TV Guide and Reader's Digest, and also served as the digital director for EUPHORIA. Magazine.
Danielle Sinay has joined Glamour as an associate beauty editor, effective July 11. In her new role, she covers skincare, beauty products and trends. She spent the past decade as a freelancer covering health, wellness, beauty, culture, lifestyle, trends, and more for various publications and brands, including Bustle, Teen Vogue, StyleCaster, SheKnows, Elite Daily, and other.
Highsnobiety has named Willa Bennett as editor in chief; she starts July 25. Bennett comes to the fashion and culture media brand from GQ, where she was the magazine's first female head of social media strategy. Before that, she was a marketing manager at Bustle Digital Group.
Kelsey Landis will join the St. Louis Post-Dispatch as a government watchdog reporter on July 18. She was most recently a reporter covering state and federal politics for the Belleville News-Democrat in Illinois, and before that has worked as a staff writer for Gatehouse Media.
Bonnie Wertheim will join The Wall Street Journal as deputy editor on the Style News desk on July 18. She will join The Journal from The New York Times, where she has been on staff since July 2014, most recently as staff editor on the Styles desk, assigning and editing breaking news stories and features on technology, internet culture, consumer trends, and modern fame.
Marie Claire has promoted Sara Holzman to style director. She spent the past six years at the fashion market editor at the outlet and before that worked for four years at Conde Nast as associate market editor at SELF. Holzman has also served as contributing editor at Equinox Media.
Fast Company has appointed Brendan Vaughan as editor in chief, effective July 18. He replaces Stephanie Mehta who served as Fast Company’s top editor from March 2018 to January 2022. Most recently, Vaughan served as deputy editor at Insider, Inc., where he helped launch and run a new desk dedicated to longform journalism and news analysis about business, tech, the workplace, and the economy. Vaughan has previously held senior positions at Esquire, and GQ.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution has shifted reporter Zach Hansen as economic development and commercial real estate reporter. Hansen has been an AJC reporter since September 2016, first working as an intern in the features department. Most recently, he’s covered breaking news, DeKalb County government and the COVID-19 pandemic.
Susan D’Agostino has joined Inside Higher Ed as a technology and innovation reporter. She joins from Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, where she was an associate editor and writer. D’Agostino is also a mathematician and the author of "How to Free Your Inner Mathematician: Notes on Mathematics and Life." Her work has also appeared in The Atlantic, The Washington Post, Scientific American, Wired, Quanta, BBC Science Focus, Nature, Financial Times, and other publications.
Barron’s has hired Neal Templin as an editor and reporter. He has been writing a retirement column for Barron’s for the past two years, previously served as finance editor in the Americas for Reuters. Prior to that, Templin spent 28 years at The Wall Street Journal in a variety of positions, including staff writer, Dallas bureau chief, and senior editor.
Emily Mullin has joined Wired as a reporter covering biotechnology. She was previously a freelance writer and has contributed for The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, Scientific American, National Geographic, The Atlantic, and other publications. She has also reported for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and for Medium’s OneZero publication.
Forbes has hired three new reporters on the Tech team:
- Sarah Smerson has joined the staff after almost a year as a senior tech reporter at BuzzFeed News.
- Katharine Schwab has joined the magazine also from BuzzFeed News, where she was the deputy tech and business editor for eight months. Prior to that, she was at Fast Company for five years.
- Emily Baker-White has also joined Forbes from BuzzFeed News, where she was a senior tech reporter for less than a year.
Tom Demeropolis has been promoted to managing editor of the Cincinnati Business Courier. He has been with the Business Courier since 2010, and most recently served as senior staff reporter covering commercial/residential real estate, construction, and development. Demeropolis has also reported for the Dayton Business Journal and The Cincinnati Post.
The Atlantic has tapped Matteo Wong as an assistant editor on its science, technology and health team. Wong is a recent graduate of Harvard University, and has served as a writer, associate magazine editor and then magazine chair at The Harvard Crimson.
Atlantic international editor Prashant Rao will join Semafor as senior editor in London on August 15. Semafor is led by former BuzzFeed editor in chief and New York Times media columnist Ben Smith and launches in the fall.
CBS News named two new senior executive producers who will oversee live news programming on CBS News Streaming network:
- Chloe Jones has joined CBS News Streaming as senior executive producer overseeing morning-through-midday programming. She comes to CBS News form BNC, where she was most recently the executive producer of "BNC Live with Tashanea Whitlow & Laverne McGee."
- Tanya Mills has been promoted to senior executive producer overseeing afternoon-through-evening programming. Mills most recently led the service’s 12 p.m. ET live news program after joining CBS News in 2020.
Janai Norman has been named co-host of ABC News’ “Good Morning America” weekend edition alongside Whit Johnson and Eva Pilgrim. Most recently, she was the host of the GMA segment “Pop News.” Norman started at ABC News as an intern at News One in 2011. She returned in 2016 to cover politics as a multi-platform reporter in the DC bureau before becoming overnight anchor for "World News Now" and "America This Morning."
CNBC has announced multiple staff updates across the organization:
- Renee Onque will join the CNBC Make It team as a health and wellness reporter. She was most recently an intern at The wall Street Journal.
- Jonathan Vanian has joined CNBC as a reporter handling coverage of Facebook parent company Meta, Twitter and most other things tied to social media. He previously worked as a writer for Fortune, where he covered the technology industry, helped launch the Eye on A.I. newsletter, and co-chaired the Brainstorm A.I. conference.
- Sarah Min has joined the staff as an investing reporter on the CNBC Pro team. She previously covered institutional investing at Chief Investment Officer magazine, and before that she was part of the MoneyWatch team at CBS News.
- Anuz Thapa has joined CNBC.com as lead producer. He comes to CNBC from TheStreet.com, where he was a video producer.
NPR has announced two editorial staff updates, both effective July 25:
- Vickie Walton-James will become acting managing editor for news. In her new role, she will help manage the daily news report and will take over day-to-day supervision of several newsgathering desks. Walton-James has been NPR's chief national editor since 2014.
- Ammad Omar will become Chief National Editor. He has been the deputy national editor for the West, based in Culver City. He has been with NPR since 2011.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes thousands of media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.