BuzzFeed News has named Karolina Waclawiak editor in chief. She brings over 14 years of editorial experience to the helm of the news organization and previously served as the executive editor of culture and director of news development for BuzzFeed Studios. Waclawiak joined BuzzFeed News in 2016 after spending seven years as editor of essays and deputy editor for The Believer.
Lisa Aiken is now executive fashion director at Vogue.com. She joined the outlet from Neiman Marcus Group, where she served as the fashion and lifestyle director and SVP for the past year. Prior to that, Aiken worked at Moda Operandi as fashion and buying director and before that spent seven years at Net-a-Porter.
Fashionista has announced several top editorial staff updates:
- Dhani Mau is the new editor in chief of the site. She succeeds Taylor McCall, who left the publication to pursue freelance work. Mau spent her entire career at Fashionista and joined as an intern. She was most recently the West Coast editor and will remain in Los Angeles.
- Ana Colon has been named deputy editor based in New York. She has been at the site since 2019 when she joined as senior editor. Before that, Colon was at Glamour and Refinery29.
Kate Sandoval Box has joined Oprah Daily as beauty director. She replaces Brian Underwood, who joined Women’s Health as beauty director last month. Sandoval Box will oversee all beauty coverage for Oprah Daily and for O Quarterly. She was most recently the beauty director at SHAPE, Parents Latina, and Parents.
The New York Times has expanded its international investigations team in London:
- Megha Rajagopalan will join The Times in the Fall from BuzzFeed News, where she has been a staff correspondent based in both Asia and the Middle East. During her tenure at the site, she she shared in a Pulitzer Prize for international reporting last year for exposing the system of camps set up by the Chinese government to detain Uyghur Muslims. Before that, she was a Reuters political correspondent in Beijing.
- Justin Scheck, a veteran investigative reporter and foreign correspondent, joins The Times from The Wall Street Journal. He spent 5 years at the Journal, and has been based in London, New York and most recently San Francisco.
Nikki Wentling has joined the Denver Business Journal as a reporter covering technology, innovation and biotechnology She was most recently a national reporter at Stars and Stripes, a U.S. military news outlet. There, she spent six years covering breaking news and the inner workings of the Department of Defense and the United States Department of Veteran Affairs.
Pensions & Investments has hired Gennady Kolker as an audience development editor. He was most recently the director of content packaging at Bleacher Report for four years. Kolker has also worked as growth editor of digital and social media for HBO and senior growth editor for Fusion Media Group.
Aoyon Ashraf has been promoted to managing editor of companies/business at CoinDesk. He most recently a writer and covered public and private crypto mining companies, economics of digital currency mining and everything in between. Prior to joining CoinDesk in 2021, Ashraf spent nine years at Bloomberg in Canada.
The Wall Street Journal has announce several new hires for corporate coverage as well as a promotion and other openings in the U.S. and Asia:
- Brad Reagan has taken on an expanded role as technology projects editor. He will continue as deputy of the San Francisco tech bureau and will continue to spearhead social media and Google coverage.
- Esther Fung has taken on coverage of UPS, FedEx, freight railroads and supply chains, and has joined the Corporate Bureau in New York. She previously covered commercial real estate for the Journal for more than a decade.
- Berber Jin has joined the Journal to cover venture capital and startups. He comes to the paper from the Information, where he spent over a year as a reporter. Prior to the Information, Jin was at Insider.
- Sarah Krouse has re-joined the Journal to cover Netflix and the battle for supremacy in streaming video. She also comes to the paper from the Information, where she covered Google.
- Miles Kruppa has joined the staff to cover Google and its Alphabet kin. He was previously at the Financial Times in San Francisco, where he delivered scoops and agenda-setting features covering venture capital and startups.
- Benoit Morenne has joined the Journal to cover fracking and the natural-gas export industry. He comes to the paper from the Deseret News in Utah, where he has been writing stories on climate change in the West.
- Selina Cheng has joined the Journal to cover China’s automobile market from Hong Kong. She was previously a reporter for Hong Kong Free Press.
- Raffaele Huang is now covering China’s technology companies, based in Singapore. Previously, he was a researcher at the Beijing bureau focusing on automotive and tech news.
- Shen Lu has joined the China bureau to cover the country’s technology sector. She has reported on China since 2015 from in and outside its borders. Prior to joining the Journal, she was a senior reporter at Protocol covering Chinese technology.
NPR has hired Veralyn Williams as executive producer. She was most recently a senior editor at LWC Studios, and before that has worked as a producer, executive producer and senior producer at WNYC Radio and was a producer at Slate.
Mola Lenghi is joining ABC News as correspondent. He was previously with CBS News and reported across all programs and platforms for CBS News, including CBS Mornings, CBS Evening News and the digital streaming service CBS News Streaming. Prior to CBS, Lenghi reported for WUSA-TV in D.C.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes thousands of media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.