Barry Samaha has been named senior commerce editor at Robb Report and will oversee all shopping content. He was most recently the style editor at Esquire and before that served as a fashion editor at Harper's Bazaar, style and culture editor at Forbes, and digital editor at WWD.
Rolling Stone has hired CT Jones as internet culture reporter. She focuses on digital trends and the creator economy. Prior to that, Jones worked for CBS News for two years, where she reported on breaking news and features for CBNS News Digital. Jones has also previously freelanced for several culture publications, including MEL Magazine, Vox, Vulture, Forbes and more.
Fashionista has added three writers:
- Angela Wei has joined the blog as a staff writer after completing a three-month internship as The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Andrea Bossi has joined Fashionista as fashion and beauty writer. She was most recently a summer news intern at Bloomberg News and also contributes to Byrdie, Insider, and Forbes.
- India Roby has also joined as fashion and beauty writer. She sent the past year as a fashion writer at Nylon.
POPSUGAR has tapped Lena Felton as director of special content, overseeing feature stories and tentpole projects. Prior to that, Felton was editor of the Gender & Identity section at The Washington Post. She's now based out of Vox Media's San Francisco office.
Lisa Freedman has joined Real Simple as executive editor. She joins the magazine from Kitchn, where she was the executive lifestyle direct for the past year. Previously, Freedman served as home editor for Every Day with Rachael Ray and senior editor for Food Network Magazine.
The Houston Chronicle has added an editor and two reporters:
- Katherine Rosenberg-Douglas has joined the paper as deputy metro editor. She comes to Houston from the Chicago Tribune, where she was the deputy senior content editor of breaking news and a reporter on the Quick Response team before that.
- Sarah Smith has re-joined the paper as a senior enterprise reporter. She spent the past year covering housing, poverty, mental health, and religion for ProPublica. Prior to that, she was a metro reporter at the Houston Chronicle and covered housing and homelessness.
- Neena Satija has joined the Houston Chronicle as an investigative reporter based in the Austin bureau. She most recently held the same position at The Washington Post and before that worked as an investigative reporter at The Texas Tribune.
Emlyn Travis has joined Entertainment Weekly as a news writer. She was previously a writer at E! News, where she reported on celebrities, film, TV, and music news. Travis has also written for BuzzFeed News, Bustle, Dazed, Viacom, Teen Vogue, and i-D.
S&P Global Market Intelligence has promoted Lauren Seay to sector editor of U.S. banks. She leads a team of bank and financial regulation reporters to deepen and sharpen coverage of the U.S. bank space. Seay has been with S&P since May 2019, and since then had worked as banking reporter. Prior to that, she was an investigative editor at Fourth Estate.
San Francisco Business Times has added two:
- Simon Campbell has joined the Business Times as special projects in charge of all special publications and award supplements, including 40 Under 40, Most Influential Women in Bay Area Business and Most Admired CEOs. Campbell was most recently a freelancer and wrote local and international business, tech, immigration, education, real estate and sports stories for publications including The Guardian, EdSurge, the San Francisco Business Times and Wareable.com.
- Ahavah Revis has joined the newsroom full-time as data reporter responsible for researching the publication's Lists. A decade ago, she served as the Business Times's researcher and has filled in in contract roles and part-time since.
Catherine Marfin has been recruited by Law360 as state and federal courts reporter based in Houston, Texas. She joins the publication from The Dallas Morning News, where she was a breaking news reporter for a little over two years. Prior to that, Marfin spent four months as a media relations intern at the City of Austin.
Chandler France has joined the Houston Business Journal as money and finance reporter. He was most recently a Texas digital reporter at Hearts and before that reported on community news for Impact, a community newspaper in Tomball, Texas.
Connor Perrett has been recruited by Retail Leader as editor. He most recently covered the internet and misinformation for Business Insider and joined the publication in 2020. Prior to that, Perrett freelanced for Bethesda Magazine.
MarketWatch has hired two additional reporters:
- Katherine Huggins has joined the staff as a reporter covering the midterm elections and politics. Most recently, she interned on the money and markets team at Forbes, and before that served as a part-time reporter for Mediaite.
- Bill Peters has joined the site as a reporter. He spent the past eight years at Investor's Business Daily and wrote breaking news stories and features about the stock market and trends in the broader financial world.
Green Market Report has welcomed John Schroyer as a senior reporter. He spent the past eight years at MJBiz, most recently as chief correspondent, where he covered anything and everything related to the modern U.S. cannabis industry. Prior to that, Schroyer worked for The Colorado Springs Gazette and the Colorado Statesman.
Laila Harrak has joined CNN International as an anchor at the network’s headquarters in Atlanta. She will anchor Europe morning editions of "CNN Newsroom" on Saturday and Sunday as well as weekday news programs. Harrak comes to CNN International from Germany’s international broadcaster Deutsche Welle, where she spent nine years as an anchor for the network’s Berlin-based world news broadcasts. Before joining Deutsche Welle, Harrak spent 10 years with the Associated Press.
Fox News has promoted Jennifer Griffin to chief national security correspondent. Based at the Pentagon, Griffin has been a fixture on Fox’s news programming during coverage of defense or national security-related news. Griffin joined Fox News in 1999, serving as its Jerusalem correspondent before shifting to the national security beat. Along the way she was reported on the U.S. wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan last year.
NPR's "Life Kit" show has updated its roster:
- Marielle Segarra has been named the show's first regular host of “Life Kit.” Most recently, she was a senior reporter and fill-in host of “Marketplace” and before that worked at WHYY in Philadelphia.
- Andee Tagle has joined Segarra as a reporter-produce, a newly created role. She was previously an associate producer on the show and has been at NPW since 2019, when she joined as desk intern.
Cristian Benavides has joined CBS Newspath, CBS News and Stations’ affiliate news service, as a correspondent. He is based out of CBS-owned station WFOR in Miami. Benavides was previously a news reporter at WTVJ-TV in Miami, and before that had stints at WPIX-TV and NBCU in New York
Black Information Network has announced two staff promotions:
- Andrea Coleman has been upped to vice president of news operations. She joined BIN at its 2020 launch as a news anchor and was promoted to news director in February. Coleman has served as an anchor and reporter for CNN and WGCL-TV Atlanta earlier in her career before moving into publishing where she launched two Atlanta area magazines.
- Mike Stevens has been promoted to managing editor. He has served as an anchor for BIN since its launch, and previously has served as a television news anchor in markets including Philadelphia, Columbus, Atlanta, Sacramento and New York.
Alex Harring has joined CNBC as a reporter on the Markets Team. He most recently interned as The Wall Street Journal and before that worked for four years at The Michigan Daily, the student newspaper of he University of Michigan.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes thousands of media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.
Subscribe to the Cision Blog
Don't miss an article!