You're probably familiar with our State of the Media Report, but did you know we've been producing it in some form for 11 years?
We decided to dive into over a decade's worth of reports to see what enduring lessons they might have for the present and how those same lessons might help us plan for the future.
Our State of the Media Report is a survey of original research, pulling together insights from journalists and influencers to capture their experience in the industry and their impressions around certain trends year-to-year. The survey has grown over the years to capture thousands of responses from over 15 countries.
While the survey’s focus has shifted from year-to-year, we still found enduring trends from each report's top takeaways— notably trust in news sources, and the consistently important question of how journalists prefer to be pitched.
“A Decade’s Worth of Insight Into Media Preferences” also highlights:
- The major trends that have emerged over the past decade
- How the industry has reacted and adapted to major changes
- How PR professionals can better engage with journalists
- How trust in the media has shifted over the years
- The continued importance of press releases