Media Moves at GQ & Washington Post, Two New Managing Editors at Dallas Business Journal
GQ magazine continues to expand its style team and has added two new staff members:
- Taryn Bensky is the new senior fashion market editor, and began her new role on Jan. 28. She handles fashion market coverage across all GQ platforms. Bensky was previously a fashion market editor for HERO and HEROINE magazines in addition to working as a freelance stylist.
- Rachel Tashjian has joined the outlet as style writer, effective Feb. 6. She covers fashion daily for GQ.com and contributing on all other GQ platforms. She comes from GARAGE magazine, where she was deputy editor and covered style, celebrity, and high fashion.
The video reporting team at the Washington Post has welcomed Joyce Koh to cover politics and the upcoming presidential campaign. She is the lead video reporter in Iowa, New Hampshire and beyond as the 2020 campaign gets underway. Koh has been with The Post since 2017 as part of the National Desk team. Before that she covered Governor Nikki Haley and the South Carolina Statehouse for WLTX-TV in Columbia.
The Washington Post has also added several new staffers across multiple departments:
- Andrea Platten has joined the Universal Desk as an editor as part of the team editing the home page and breaking news; she started Jan. 22. Platten comes from The Post's Emerging News Products team, which she joined as an intern in the summer of 2017. After her internship, she joined the team as a multiplatform editor.
- Award-winning social scientist Arthur C. Brooks has joined as columnist for the Opinions section starting Jan. 20. He will write opinion pieces on a wide range of topics, including social science, politics and culture. In the past decade, he has been a contributing opinion writer for the New York Times and hosted the Vox Media podcast, “The Arthur Brooks Show.”
- Naftali Bendavid has joined The Post as deputy campaign editor, effective Jan. 28. He comes from The Wall Street Journal, where he was an editor overseeing coverage of the Justice Department, Supreme Court and Mueller investigation, as well as the health and education beats.
Meghan Rafferty has been promoted to senior broadcast producer of the “NBC Nightly News.” She was most recently senior producer on “Weekend Nightly,” and has been with NBC since 2017 after spending a decade at CNN as a producer for "The Situation Room."
The Dallas Business Journal has named two new managing editors, one on the operational side and one on the creative side of the business:
- Anna Butler is the new managing editor who will run the operational side of the newsroom, including managing the reporting staff and DallasBusinessJournal.com. She has been with the outlet since 2015, and most recently served as an assistant managing editor and associate editor before that.
- Rob Schneider is the new managing editor who will manage the weekly print edition and editorial events, along with creative and data operations. He has been with The Journal since 2014, and previously served as the creative director.
Tricia Whitaker is the new sideline reporter for FOX Sports Florida and will cover the Tampa Bay Rays. She has spent the last five years as a weekend sports anchor for WTTV-TV/WXIN-TV in Indianapolis, Indiana, and before that worked as a sports reporter for WBAY-TV in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.