Media Moves at Bloomberg TV & Washington Post, Meredith Announces Senior Publishing Roles
The Wall Street Journal has tapped Parmy Olson as a reporter out of London to write about tech and cybersecurity. She is a 14-year veteran of Forbes, including a five-year stint as London bureau chief. She has been writing broadly about tech, including reporting on the world’s biggest companies in covers for the magazine.
Sam Fortier has joined The Washington Post as a reporter covering high school sports and as a backup Washington Nationals writer. He was most recently an intern on the Sports desk and covered the Orioles, Nationals, Mystics and D.C. United. Fortier has also covered the Los Angeles Chargers for The Athletic.
Gray Television has hired Greta Van Susteren as chief political analyst. She will host a new weekly program in September called “Full Court Press with Greta Van Susteren.” The show will focus on how policy actions, political decisions, and national events impact local communities across the country. Van Susteren is a veteran of Fox News Channel, MSNBC and CNN.
Bloomberg Television has launched a new China morning show called “Bloomberg Markets: China Open” delivering global viewers live breaking business and finance stories from its new television studio in Beijing. The show airs weekdays form 9-10 a.m HKT/CST. With the launch come the appointment of the following staff:
· Tom Mackenzie will anchor the show from Beijing and will remain China correspondent. He has been with Bloomberg TV since 2014 and before that worked for CNBC as a producer/reporter.
· Yvonne Man will co-anchor the show from Hong Kong, in addition to her anchoring duties for “Daybreak Asia.” She joined Bloomberg in 2012 and before that worked in local television in Indiana.
· David Ingles will also co-anchor from Hong Kong. He is also a writer and anchor for Bloomberg TV and Bloomberg Radio and has been on staff since 2011. Before that he was the China markets editor for CGTN.
Meredith National Media Group has announced several new senior publishing roles and promotions across three of its brands:
· Lee Slattery, VP and group publisher, has added oversight of Shape to her responsibilities, in addition to overseeing Family Circle and Health. She has been with Meredith since 2007 and before that spent 13 years at Conde Nast.
· Brandan Smyth has been promoted to publisher of Family Circle. He was most recently the publisher of Health and has been with Meredith since 2016.
· Maria Jakubek has been promoted to publisher of Health. She was most recently the advertising director of Shape and has been with the company since 1999.
Shannon Vavra has been hired by CyberScoop as a reporter covering the National Security Administration, U.S. Cyber Command, and cyberwarfare, effective April 15. She was previously a reporter for Axios and has covered political news, tech, cybersecurity and foreign affairs.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.