August 06, 2019
Media Moves US
/ by Anna Marevska
Forbes has announced the addition and promotions of several new staff across the organization:
· Robert LaFranco has returned to the magazine as the new assistant managing editor for consumer coverage. He first joined the staff in 1992 and had a stint on the wealth team, but eventually covered entertainment for most of the 1990s. He left Forbes in 2000 for Red Herring, where he spent seven years as the LA bureau chief and media editor. LaFranco was most recently the editor of Bloomberg Billionaires at Bloomberg News out of London.
· Marley Coyne has joined the staff as an assistant editor for Under 30. She was previously a Vanity Fair New Establishment Fellow and an assistant at the Hearst Design Group.
· Hank Tucker has joined as an assistant editor for the Money & Markets section. He is a recent Duke University graduate and was an editor/writer at school’s paper The Chronicle. Tucker has also interned at Bloomberg in Chicago and Raleigh News & Observer.
· Brianne Garrett is the new assistant editor for ForbesWomen and Small Business covering all things women and business. She comes from Wine Spectator where she worked as an editorial assistant.
· Lisette Voytko has joined as breaking news reporter. She is a newly minted graduate of the Columbia Graduate School of Journalism and has previously covered politics at Gotham Gazette and a freelancer with Bklyner and xoJane.
· Jonathan Ponciano has been promoted to reporter covering wealth. He was most recent an editorial assistant on the investments team and joined Forbes in 2018. Before that he was an intern for several months.
· Madeline Berg is now a staff writer covering the intersection of Hollywood and business. She has been at Forbes since 2015 when she joined as an assistant editor. Most recently, Berg was a reporter and covered media moguls, women entrepreneurs, and the entertainment industry with a focus on the business of TV and media.
Haru Coryne has joined ProPublica Illinois as a data reporter. He was most recently a reporter for The Real Deal, where he covered the real estate industry in Chicago, Miami and Los Angeles, and used public records and data science to break news and analyze trends. Coryne is a graduate of the University of Chicago.
Rolling Stone has welcomed Patrick Reis as politics editor, based in Washington, D.C. He comes from the Washington Post where he was an economic policy editor since 2017. Prior to that, Reis was the deputy national editor of Politico and oversaw covers of the 2016 presidential campaign. He has also worked at National Journal as assistant managing editor on politics and policy.
Dena Fletcher is the new program director at KVOO-FM radio in Tulsa, Oklahoma, effective July 29. She was previously a morning drive host at Cox Media Group’s KJSR-FM and before that served as a midday personality KRAV-FM in Tulsa. From 1999 until 2014 she was a program director at KKCM-FM in Thermal, California.
KNBC-TV’s “California Live” in Los Angeles has hired Sisanie Villaclaraas a correspondent. She will continue her duties as a co-host at “On-Air With Ryan Seacrest,” a position she has held since 2004. “California Live” is a half-hour lifestyle and entertainment show, airing on KNBC, KNTV and KNSD, and showcases California entertainment, leisure travel, fashion trends, food and restaurant reviews.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Jobs: You can search and advertise a range of vacancies with us, whether it's a permanent, contract or freelance position.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Media Moves US
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.
1-312-922-2400from 8 AM - 5 PM CT