The New York Times has announced several staff moves and new hires in several of its bureaus in the U.S., Eastern Europe, and Asia:
· Nicole Sperling will join the Los Angeles bureau as a media reporter in July. Nicole will cover Hollywood, with a special emphasis on streaming. She comes from Vanity Fair, where she has covered the film industry for two years. Previously, Sperling was a senior writer for Entertainment Weekly and a film reporter for The Los Angeles Times. She has also worked for The Hollywood Reporter and Red Herring magazine.
· Aman Batheja has joined The Times as a deputy weekend editor in the Washington bureau. He spent the last 15 years covering Texas politics, most recently as the politics editor for The Texas Tribune. In 2016 he became the first political editor of The Tribune, where he has directed elections coverage for the largest statehouse news bureau in the country. Batheja worked for eight years as a reporter at The Fort Worth Star-Telegram, where he chronicled the rise of the Tea Party in North Texas.
· Alan Blinder, a domestic correspondent on the National Desk at the Atlanta bureau, has shifted to sports and college sports coverage. Blinder joined The Times in 2013 as national correspondent and before that spent a year covering City Hall for the Washington Examiner.
· Anton Troianovski will join the Moscow bureau as a correspondent this summer. He comes The Times from The Washington Post, where he is currently wrapping up his duties as the Moscow bureau chief. Before that he worked for nine years at The Wall Street Journal, where he covered commercial real estate and telecommunications in New York before a four-year posting in Germany.
· Adrienne Carter has been named senior editor in Hong Kong and will start in the fall. She is currently the deputy business editor for The Times in New York and has been on staff since 2010. She started as a deputy DealBook editor, became news editor at BizDay two years later, and then became international business editor with a posting in London. She has been deputy business editor since 2017. Before The Times, Carter worked for Businessweek and Money magazine.
Shannon Pettypiece is the new senior White House reporter for NBC News Digital. She was most recently a White House reporter for Bloomberg and spent the last 13 years at the outlet focusing on the economy and healthcare. Prior to that, she worked at Crain’s Cleveland Business and Miami Today News.
S&P Global Market Intelligence has recruited Katie Arcieri as an e-commerce reporter covering breaking news and e-commerce trends and developments. She previously spent a year covering economic development and commercial real estate for the Washington Business Journal. Before that, Arcieri spent seven years at the Triad Business Journal, where she wrote business stories.
Business journalist Bethany McLean has launched “Making a Killing,” a new podcast which explores big businesses, how they are affecting society, consumers, various industries, and the economy. She also discussed the ins and outs of business journalism and sits down with reporters who cover companies with both clout and scandal. “Making a Killing” is part of the subscription-based service Luminary. McLean is a season business journalist and has worked for Reuters, Slate, Fortune, and others.
Cumulus Media sports radio KNBR-AM San Francisco has added Greg Papa as co-host of “Papa and Lund” in the 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. slot, alongside John Lund. Papa starts on July 16 and was also named play-by-play voice of the San Francisco 49ers earlier this year. Papa had been hosting the 12-3pm show on Entercom’s KGMZ and has previously co-hosted afternoons at KGMZ with Lund.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.