In continued efforts to boost its print and digital presence, the New Republic has added four new hires and two critics to its roster of editors and writers.
- Mindy Kay Bricker is the new digital director of the New Republic Online, effective May 1. She will oversee all digital platforms of the outlet. Bricker comes from Foreign Policy magazine where she most recently served as executive editor. She is also the former editor in chief of Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, online managing editor of World Affairs, and has helped launch Marie Claire magazine in Prague.
- Clio Chang has switched gears and now serves as a staff writer, covering domestic politics and policy. He joined the magazine in 2016 as a reporter/researcher.
I'm so so so excited to announce that I'll be staying on @NewRepublic as a staff writer!!!!!!!
— Clio Chang (@cliomiso) April 27, 2017
- Moira Donegan has joined the staff as assistant editor covering culture. She was previously the associate editor of n+1 and has also written for New Republic, the London Review of Books, and The New Yorker’s Page Turner.
— Moira Donegan (@MegaMoira) April 27, 2017
- Emily Atkin is the magazine’s newest staff writer covering covering science and environmental politics, based in Washington D.C. She comes from Sinclair Broadcast Group where she spent a year as policy reporter. Prior to that she was climate reporter for ThinkProgress.
- Christian Lorentzen has been added to the staff as film critic, and will write a regular film column for the New Republic. He remains the book critic of New York magazine, and the senior editor at large for London Review of Books.
- Rachel Syme has joined as television columnist. She has been a frequent contributor to the New Republic, and has also written for The New Yorker, The New York Times, Elle, and GQ.
Follow the New Republic on Twitter.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.