Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
- The Associated Press has named Alex Sanz deputy director of newsgathering. He is based in the Atlanta bureau and will oversee breaking news and enterprise across the U.S. South region, which encompasses 13 states. Sanz has been with AP since 2013 when he joined the news service as a video journalist. Most recently, he served as a correspondent from the AP’s South regional desk in Atlanta.
- David Perlman, science writer and editor for the San Francisco Chronicle, plans to retire in early August after a 60-year career in journalism. Perlman started at the San Francisco Chronicle in 1951, and his career has spanned across numerous significant scientific events. He has won journalism awards from the American Association for the Advancement of Science, the Society of Professional Journalists, the American Chemical Society, the American Geophysical Union, the United States Geological Survey, and has two journalism awards named for him.
- Emily Holden has stepped down from her role as White House correspondent for E&E News, and will be joining POLITICO Pro in August as climate and energy reporter. Holden joined E&E News in 2014 as a reporter focusing on transitioning electricity system and the United States EPA’s climate standards for power plants. She began covering the White House in mid-2017.
- Forbes will welcome a new reporter Aug. 14, as Biz Carson will be exiting Business Insider to join the Forbes tech team. Carson spent two years at Business Insider, also as a tech reporter. Previously, she was an editorial assistant and assistant managing editor for GigaOM.
- The Cincinnati Enquirer is reorganizing its staff: Carl Weiser is now the editor overseeing government, politics and business coverage for the paper. Cindi Andrews has moved to become the investigative and enterprise editor for the paper. Weiser has been with the Cincinnati Enquirer since 2005, first as a government editor and more recently as a content strategist. Andrews previously served as the business editor.
- Linda Ge has moved from TheWrap to The Tracking Board. In her new role, she will cover television and entertainment news as the television editor. Most recently, Ge was a TV reporter at TheWrap for two years, prior to that she was he editor-in-chief of the online magazine Up and Comers.
- Nick Miller announced on Twitter that the owners of Oakland Magazine have purchased the East Bay Express. He will no longer serve as the newspaper’s editor-in-chief as a result of the ownership change. Miller became the editor-in-chief of the East Bay Express in 2016. Kathleen Richards will be re-joining the East Bay Express team as an editor in mid-August. Richards previously joined the newspaper in 2007 as a staff writer. She also served as a managing editor and co-editor, before leaving to freelance in 2014.
- The Washington Examiner has hired Steven Nelson from US News & World Report as a White House reporter. Nelson spent five years as a reporter and producer for US News & World Report prior to joining the Washington Examiner. Returning to the magazine from the New York Post on Aug 7 is Gabby Morrongiello. She was previously a political reporter when she first joined the Washington Examiner in 2015, this time around she will be a White House reporter.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.