Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CisionScoop: Victoria Chan has left her position as assistant beauty editor of Brides to become a full-time freelance writer. She has covered beauty at a number of outlets, including Modern Luxury Manhattan, Ladies’ Home Journal, and Pickie.
- CisionScoop: Eric Pianin has left The Fiscal Times following the recent closing of its Washington bureau. He is exploring other opportunities. Pianin has previously worked with The Louisville Times and The Minneappolis Star.
- Raymond Zhong will join The New York Times‘ tech reporting team to cover China, and will eventually relocate to the Beijing bureau. He joins the New York Times from the Wall Street Journal where he served as a reporter in New Delhi since December 2013.
- Vindu Goel, a longtime New York Times tech reporter, will be relocating from the San Francisco bureau to Mumbai to cover tech in India. Goel has been with the New York Times since 2008 and has served as deputy tech editor and assistant business editor.
- Newsweek has brought on Gersh Kuntzman as its new breaking news editor. Kuntzman was previously with the New York Daily News for five years, most recently as its deputy managing editor.
- Fox News and Eric Bolling have parted ways following a recent suspension from the network. He was the host of Fox News Specialists and Cashin’ In with the network; the former program has been cancelled.
- Lauren Hirsch was brought on by CNBC to cover retail and consumer news. Previously, she was with Reuters as their Deals Team Leader, and had been there since July 2015. h/t Talking Biz News
- Jonathan Lemire has joined MSNBC and NBC News as a political analyst, after serving four years as a reporter for the Associated Press.
- Revolver has brought on Jacqueline “Zoe” Camp as a staff writer. Previously, Camp has written for Pitchfork and Garden Collage.
- Ed Chapuis has been named as KGTV‘s news director. He will leave his position as vice president and news director of KTXL, where he has been on board since 2013, to begin his new post on September 25.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.