Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
- CisionScoop: Newsweek welcomes reporter Lauren Gill as its new breaking news reporter. A graduate of the University of Melbourne, Gill was previously reporting for The Brooklyn Paper since 2015.
- CisionScoop: Luke Larsen has joined the Digital Trends team as associate editor of computing. He is leaving Paste Magazine’s technology section, which he launched in 2013 and has run up until his recent departure.
- American Banker brings on new reporter Hilary Burns. Previously a reporter for the Charlotte Business Journal, Burns will now be reporting on community banking for the national banking publication, starting in December. h/t Talking Biz News
- Quartz editor in chief Kevin Delaney announced four new additions to Quartzy, its online global lifestyle publication (h/t Talking Biz News):
- David Kaufman, previously editor in chief of the New York Post’s “Alexa,” will now be Quartzy’s global lifestyle editor.
- Annaliese Griffin, co-founder and senior editor of Brooklyn Based, will be reporting on food.
- Rosie Spinks, previous cities editor for GOOD Worldwide, will be a travel and lifestyle reporter.
- Noël Duan, who has written for publications such as ELLE, Teen Vogue, and VICE, will be covering culture and lifestyle as a staff writer.
- Tim McVay, vice president and general manager of Cox Media Group’s ABC News Atlanta affiliate WSB-TV, has announced that he will be retiring at the end of the year. McVay has been with Cox Media Group for nearly 40 years, and has served in Dayton, Atlanta, San Francisco, and Pittsburgh.
- WVIR-TV, the NBC news affiliate in Charlottesville, Virginia, welcomes meteorologist Josh Fitzpatrick. Previously, Fitzpatrick was forecasting weather with WSAZ, a CW affiliate in Huntingdon, West Virginia, for ten years.
- Jessica Bryant has joined as a data reporter for South Florida Business Journal. A graduate of Southern Methodist University, Bryant has written for Hearst StoryStudio, Dallas Business Journal, and The Grand Rapids Times.
- Post and Courier welcomes its new newsletter producer, Kelly Poe. Poe was most recently a business reporter for the Birmingham News, serving for over three years. h/t Talking Biz News
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.